GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Anyone know how to get their 200 credits after setup for OBD11? During setup I only clicked Pro instead of the 200 credits thinking it was either/or not both...

I think you can watch ads to get credits. 😪

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Anyone know how to get their 200 credits after setup for OBD11? During setup I only clicked Pro instead of the 200 credits thinking it was either/or not both...

1624204753770.png

Mine worked after I closed out and disconnected the dongle and loaded up a second time.

Last edited:

Hotfart

Ready to race!
How do you guys keep the key from constantly flipping open in your pocket? The rubber band I have on mine is ghetto.

The keyless fob from my Explorer didn't have a flip out key, it was built into the fob and removed with a thumb nail, the 1 time I ever needed to use it.
Mine with a small strip of electrical tape wrapped around the fob.

Attachments

• IMG_20210620_155712579.jpg
    IMG_20210620_155712579.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 55

battle.munky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Tornado Red 2017 Mk7
Ok, for future reference my experience ran similar to @Corprin . @Vesta Turan and I searched, all pissed off (me anyhow), for about a half hour and then I went and loaded the module up and connected and it automatically prompted me to load my 200 credits.

I did email them from the website and used the app to contact them but being Sunday they only had bounce back emails. I'll let them off the hook tomorrow if their customer service is that good.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Ok, for future reference my experience ran similar to @Corprin . @Vesta Turan and I searched, all pissed off (me anyhow), for about a half hour and then I went and loaded the module up and connected and it automatically prompted me to load my 200 credits.

I did email them from the website and used the app to contact them but being Sunday they only had bounce back emails. I'll let them off the hook tomorrow if their customer service is that good.

I posted my email back from them for the same issue. Lol. They were quick, less than 10hrs during the week. Only issue is I keep getting the “we haven’t heard from you so we are closing this ticket” email... when I’ve had 3 back and forth. 🤷‍♂️

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
How much does wheel weight matter? What is gained by choosing a 22 pound wheel over a 26? Is the price difference even worth it for a daily driver that isn’t tracked or anything?
No (before I read below post...I would do it if you liked looks tho)
I spent $400 on a set of 17x7.5 wheels for my daily, went from 28lbs to ~18lbs. Roughly 5mpg gain on average, with no change in my driving style (that I'm aware of). Same model tire, though I went from an 18" down to a 17". 100% worth it.
not calling you out but a couple of questions. Over time has this held up and did you change OD of tire? I know that will change speedometer/odometer. That is a HUGE savings. I have had (same size) tires that between brands changed mpg by 2-3 mpg with similar style tires
How do you guys keep the key from constantly flipping open in your pocket? The rubber band I have on mine is ghetto.

The keyless fob from my Explorer didn't have a flip out key, it was built into the fob and removed with a thumb nail, the 1 time I ever needed to use it.
open key and a single wrap (or two) of electrical tape around tip of blade. The added friction make it so you have to pry it out when releasing button. Also in general hint learn how to use the manual key at home in daylight in case it's ever needed.

Mud

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
not calling you out but a couple of questions. Over time has this held up and did you change OD of tire? I know that will change speedometer/odometer. That is a HUGE savings. I have had (same size) tires that between brands changed mpg by 2-3 mpg with similar style tires
I don't think that the OD changed by much if anything, they were a 205/50/17 by default (which I changed to an 18" wheel with a 225/40/18), to a 225/45/17. Tires are Riken Raptor ZR, which I ran in all three sizes (love them for a daily driver/mild autocross tire). I run them to this day and still get similar mileage, around 28mpg average (where initially on the 18" wheels I would get around 25mpg). This is all as reported by the dash display, so it's possible that it's optimistic versus reality. In any case, the car definitely feels a little better all around, in acceleration as well as braking and turning, I generally don't upsize now if I can avoid it. My GTI has 18" wheels on it and I'm not going to 19" anytime soon unless I find a SCREAMING deal on RPF1s or similarly lightweight wheels. I don't love the look of 17" wheels either on this car, though I have 17" on everything else.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
What’s the general consensus on best summer daily driver tires? Back in the MK6 Vortex days everyone said Falken.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
What’s the general consensus on best summer daily driver tires? Back in the MK6 Vortex days everyone said Falken.
Probably the pilot sport 4s’s and extreme contact sports

the 4s’s are superior in every single metric by a tiny tiny amount. While the continentals are gonna save you some cash. The Indy 500’s round up the pack in 3rd place IMO. The indys are great and even cheaper than the contis by a bit

there are other good summer performance tires but these two trade blows well.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Probably the pilot sport 4s’s and extreme contact sports

the 4s’s are superior in every single metric by a tiny tiny amount. While the continentals are gonna save you some cash. The Indy 500’s round up the pack in 3rd place IMO. The indys are great and even cheaper than the contis by a bit

there are other good summer performance tires but these two trade blows well.
Indy's were considerably cheaper than the other two when I purchased about two months ago.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Indy's were considerably cheaper than the other two when I purchased about two months ago.
Yeah. It compromises every metric a tiny tiny bit vs the conti extreme contacts. The indy’s are great. U can save a nice grip of money on them too vs others