GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Just wondering what top speed is per gear on the 7 speed dsg

amax = allowing the clutches some slip for way faster shifts. Mercedes and Hyundai took this to the next level. Where as a stock tune dsg can only amax after launching using launch control (I think?). So I’m wondering if the third party tuners have ever figured out a more dynamic amax experience.
AH that makes sense dude. Thanks

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Do I need a thin wall plug socket to swap spark plugs? I got everything apart last night real quick only to find that the plug socket I have didn't fit, which I thought was crazy. All 4 ports, it'd go down an inch or so and then I guess it narrows somewhere so it would stop. Didn't want to force it for fear that I'd get it down there and then never get it out.

Strangest thing.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Do I need a thin wall plug socket to swap spark plugs? I got everything apart last night real quick only to find that the plug socket I have didn't fit, which I thought was crazy. All 4 ports, it'd go down an inch or so and then I guess it narrows somewhere so it would stop. Didn't want to force it for fear that I'd get it down there and then never get it out.

Strangest thing.
Are you sure you have the right size socket? I have a very standard looking one (definitely not thin walled) and it fits no problem. 5/8 and 3/4 are the most common sizes and our cars need 5/8. If you have a 3/4, it definitely won't fit.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
It looks like the valve cover gasket pressed out into each port enough to block me out. There's some kind of rubber / butyl substance around the entire opening about 1" down all four that gets me hung up.

Not sure if I'm suppose to remove that and get it out of my way? Feel like I'd make a mess where I don't want to make one.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Hey do any of you know if a group 2 JB4 will work on a '17 Jetta 1.4 TSI? My buddy from work picked one up a few weeks ago and was wondering if he could use one.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Would have to flash different firmware
Figured as much on that...was hoping that the harness would be the same though

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Damn

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
anyone been able to code their tail lights to always run w/ the DRLs? i tried searching myself but the closest i've been able to get are only the inner on the hatch turn on. don't want scandinavian mode because that turns on all the lights 24/7 (dash, plate lights, etc)

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
anyone been able to code their tail lights to always run w/ the DRLs? i tried searching myself but the closest i've been able to get are only the inner on the hatch turn on. don't want scandinavian mode because that turns on all the lights 24/7 (dash, plate lights, etc)
Yes. Under the light channel you want as DRLs, probably directly under the "Standlicht" function or another one that has an appropriate light level, add the "Tagfahrlight" function.

I did this successfully. Hopefully that points you in the right direction, but let me know if you need me to look up details from my own coding.