GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 owners in the S.C. upstate ?

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Yes I would be in for a Golf MK7 meet at Sidewall Pizza Company - Travelers Rest.

We just need to find a date :)

Yes please. If we continue past travelers rest to Caesar's head the drive is great.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Would anyone like to do a Drive on 10/6?

Starting maybe in Greenville or Travelers Rest and we can plot a course in the next few weeks.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I'm in.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Looks like most of the folks have Gville or Clemson in their profiles, so starting just north of Gville might not be a bad idea.

I have only ever driven up to Caesar's Head... which was a good drive but short (Only 30 minutes up from Travelers Rest). Does anyone else have good driving spots?

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
I've heard this route LINK is nice for mountain/twisties driving. I did a good bit of 28 recently and it was fun but had my girlfriend in the car and she was not as much of a fan as I was.
The Google maps route I linked here is around a 3 hr loop that is mostly curves. Haven't done the whole thing but if you guys are interested in a longer drive it seems like a good fit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Anyone have any objections to Akimmel's route?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Anyone have any objections to Akimmel's route?

Nope, as long as it isn't raining. Did that route (generally) in the old work's 2010 Transit van with shitty brakes and scared the daylights out of me. But I laughed the whole way so I consider it fun. Gotta watch for leaf gazers up there at that time of year too.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Meet at the Waffle House @ 1035 Hwy 123 Bypass, Seneca, SC 29678 at 8 or 9am? Get some breakfast and coffee in everyone then hit the road?

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
10/6?

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
How worried should I be about the hurricane? I know we are pretty far inland but I don't wanna dismiss it completely. What I've heard so far is expect lots of rain and wind. I have a spot where I can park my car out front of my house where it should be safe from falling branches and such but should I worry about hail? Never really experienced a hurricane, being from Massachusetts.