GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Mod Guide for the Clueless Quarantined Dad...

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Ive owned two Mk1, but only long enough to save them & flip them (both had sat for 10+ years and earned driver status).

I’m really looking forward to picking one up to hang onto someday, just haven’t had the space till now

My 81 Rabbit S was, without a doubt, the best, most reliable car I ever owned. Looked just like a (black) Rabbit GTI with steelies rather than alloy wheels. Bought it from a local dealer- a previous service rental car with 7K miles on it. When I sold it with 225K miles on it 15+ years later, it was still on the original clutch, even after many years of autocross, including Divisionals and Nationals in E Stock. Did pretty well in it too & suprised a bunch of GTI's. Came within a couple of tenths of beating Andy Pilgrim driving his GTI in a street Solo 2 when he was just getting started & before he went pro.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
In my signature below is a link to a few "how to guides" that I have written.....

might give you a few ideas....;)

JK105

Passed Driver's Ed
It’s been a few week sorry for the delay...
Working from home has been ummm interesting.(3 boys under 10, wife working from home to...)

Anyears I did get my car aligned and seems to be perfect. Also did a few little airbox mods and installed my first “real” mod ! ECS muffler delete.
Haha watch out! Hey it’s a start, and I love it!

Now on to either rear sway bar or maybe a tune. Just get worried about a tune when there seems like soooo much to learn about them before pulling the trigger...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It’s been a few week sorry for the delay...
Working from home has been ummm interesting.(3 boys under 10, wife working from home to...)

Anyears I did get my car aligned and seems to be perfect. Also did a few little airbox mods and installed my first “real” mod ! ECS muffler delete.
Haha watch out! Hey it’s a start, and I love it!

Now on to either rear sway bar or maybe a tune. Just get worried about a tune when there seems like soooo much to learn about them before pulling the trigger...

Go JB4 for tune and get a RSB now. No warranty issues, as long as you remove it before taking in for service, and the RSB transforms the handling. I know you want to get your money's worth out of those factory tires, but now is actually the tire to get rid of them. There's always some stance dude on the local forum wanting to buy used tires and there's some really good deals on performance tires right now. Those 3 things will be all that 90% of people want performance wise out of their cars.

JK105

Passed Driver's Ed
So the mods got put on hold for a little while, but my wife almost got her way and got a new Honda Pilot...
Lets just say Dad won this time! haha

LK VW.jpg