GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI vs GT350

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'd just expect a platform that pulls a sub 3 second 0-60, on street tires, to have a little more ass than that.

That's mostly a product of gearing and traction.

Rear engine cars have a huge advantage in the traction department. If you look at the trap speeds for C8s, they aren't that fast once they're moving.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
It's only got 495 horsepower which comes out to about 415whp (E85 IS38/Pump BT power) and it weighs 3600 pounds so it can't be that fast. Besides a quick shifting gearbox and good traction it doesn’t have too much going for it in a straight line. Now the C8 Z06 is gonna be a whole different ball game.

Jantriis02

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
funny how this chat went to BMWs. Those dinan tunes are crazy. The bmws that are dinan tuned are crazy, I had a 335xi that had a dinan tune. theyre nuts but the thread is about a GT350 vs a GTI so lets stick to that shit

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
1601716055351.gif

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
funny how this chat went to BMWs. Those dinan tunes are crazy. The bmws that are dinan tuned are crazy, I had a 335xi that had a dinan tune. theyre nuts but the thread is about a GT350 vs a GTI so lets stick to that shit

Are you the thread police? Since Hoon started the thread he can take it where he wants to.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Nice but I'm not familiar with those. They are only 4 doors, correct?
Yes. It's the model that just got replaced. The coupe, F82, is now called an M4. The new model are the G80 and G82. Both have a convertible model , the 83 and the G series has a wagon, the 81.