GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI IS38 Random Drop in Boost

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
Going to revive this post again as i figured out the TC issue and the car is crazy fast but i seem to still be having that issue.
Here is the log for it:

https://datazap.me/u/wizzi/log-1708476698?log=0&data=3-8-9-12

from what it sounds like, the diverter valve is opening up and letting out all the boost. Also i think it would be worth noting that i have a IE intake where the connection to the turbo inlet pipe is silicone and is very squishy. Since i have no way to look at the intake while wot i am pretty sure the silicone is collapsing under boost. Is this a known issue with this intake or any intake in general, Since its ie i assumed all their parts would be high quality and have very little failure point.

Found a image on google but this is the silicone im referring to:
ie_mqb_intake_v2_29_720x_ca683e9f-8627-4511-a45e-1270df50258a_720x.jpg

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
Why not put the stock box in and find out?
Unfortunately, i sold the stock box for $50 haha. I have a gopro and a flashlight, Im planing on just taping it inside the engine bay and try to recreate the issue and see if my theory is right.

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
just looking at the log, the afr spikes to 29 while wot and with my basic understanding of how afr works the collapsing silicone seems to make sense.

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
It's not. Quit flooring it in 2nd unless you happen to find some drag radials lying around. It's clearly not going to remotely hook.
unfortunately i can recreate this in all gear ranges aside from 5th and 6th since i don't do pulls in those gears.

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
There was too much traffic to get a good run in today but i did manage to duct tape a gopro inside with a light to see whats happening, fortunately or unfortunately i did not happen this time at all but i did notice in the past that it would only have this behaviour after long drives 30+ min. But what i did notice the intake hose is being pushed against the brake fluid bottle, not sure it that would do anything in the long run.

I take my go pro with me so next time it happens i will try to set it up again.
Now im also wondering how it would feel with bigger and better tires haha

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
The hose will become more flexible with heat. Could try taking a hair dryer to it before a pull.