GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI IS38 Random Drop in Boost

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
As the title says, I just installed eqt's is38 and the ots they provided but im getting random boost drops for no reason at all. I have all the aftermarket required and recommended mods, Cobb Tc set to 9(OFF) and coded out traction control from OBD11. This mostly happens in first and second gear but sometimes even third. Here are 2 logs and u can see the boost drop im talking about pls help D:

https://datazap.me/u/wizzi/log-1707105891?log=0&data=3-8-11-12

https://datazap.me/u/wizzi/mk7-gti-is38?log=0&data=8-12

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
I was told to set cobb tc to 9 by eqt and have ecs/sport off, I suspect it’s still on, not sure where to go from here.

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
Ah i understand now, I messaged them and hopefully they can resend the tune file without their tc. Also i noticed everytime i start the car the cobb tc value defaults to 3 so i always have to manually change it. Is there a way to fix this?

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
Hopefully they can resend the tune without their tc and not charge me for it.
seriously just don't use it, it's half-effort trash. they don't compensate wastegate for it so you get weird boost control problems like this.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Thanks for pointing this out, In terms of cobb spark reduction deg, what is going on exactly? Is this spark based tc? I always assumed vw tc worked off brakes.
OEM TC is a combination of ASR (anti slip regulation) and ESC (electronic stability control). ASR is a combination of fast path (ignition-based ala cobb) and slow path (throttle-based) torque reduction methods. ESC is brake-based to control slip at specific corners. XDS sort of does the same thing but will be enabled even if ESC is off, unless XDS is specifically coded off, so I'd consider it separate from "traction control."

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
OEM TC is a combination of ASR (anti slip regulation) and ESC (electronic stability control). ASR is a combination of fast path (ignition-based ala cobb) and slow path (throttle-based) torque reduction methods. ESC is brake-based to control slip at specific corners. XDS sort of does the same thing but will be enabled even if ESC is off, unless XDS is specifically coded off, so I'd consider it separate from "traction control."
This was very informative, Thank you! Would it be worth to turn XDS off as well or is it considered a non factor when talking about straight line pulls?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
This was very informative, Thank you! Would it be worth to turn XDS off as well or is it considered a non factor when talking about straight line pulls?
XDS can be helpful it's a lot of extra heat in your brakes, I'd turn it to weak/off but I'm not sure how it affects GTIs with the eLSD. It would roast my rear pads on an R, disabled it completely in favor of a mechanical LSD.