GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Exhaust help

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
For all of the guys who think Remus is great except for the price, why not opt for the dual tip vs quad? They are less expensive and supposed to sound very similar...and looks like a GTI exhaust. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joel

Ready to race!

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
For all of the guys who think Remus is great except for the price, why not opt for the dual tip vs quad? They are less expensive and supposed to sound very similar...and looks like a GTI exhaust. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less expensive as in $1300 instead of $1500? That's still alot of dough for a catback. Add in the fact that you have to buy that $200 diffuser to make it work and it will never really be a good value system.

Still a nice product but expensive no matter the config.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Less expensive as in $1300 instead of $1500? That's still alot of dough for a catback. Add in the fact that you have to buy that $200 diffuser to make it work and it will never really be a good value system.

No doubt, it's still not cheap, but cheaper. You save on tips, and you don't have to buy the diffuser so it's more in the $1100 range for the catback.

I had been considering the Remus dual tip axle back before the CSS muffler came along. Was going to see how that sounded, and then add on their midpipe later if desired.

bpw

Ready to race!
Dude, a cat back doesn't really do much performance wise. That being said, an inexpensive but quality cat back vs an expensive cat back ... well you're getting my point. I run a magnaflow sounds great with a stock DP and it's a true 3in catback and won't break the bank. Very satisfied with it. Now when I put my DP on its a little on the loud side. Not terrible just a hair.

If I had it to do over I'd probably leave the stocker on and do a muffler delete or put a different muffler in the stock cat back. I'm not cheap I just don't like paying 1200 bucks for something I can get the same result for literally half... ultimately it's your car and your decision that's just my 0.02

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Dude, a cat back doesn't really do much performance wise. That being said, an inexpensive but quality cat back vs an expensive cat back ... well you're getting my point. I run a magnaflow sounds great with a stock DP and it's a true 3in catback and won't break the bank.

Agreed. It's ALL subjective when it comes to catbacks...No performance to discuss. I suppose fit/finish can also be discussed, but other than that it's all about looks and sound.

Should be on the tail end of mods (no pun intended) imo.

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!

I got a 2 tip version with chrome tips for a very, very good price from Mike at Extreme Power House.

Remus is the best sounding exhaust for the MK7s IMO, with the Neuspeed being a close second followed by AWE.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
No doubt, it's still not cheap, but cheaper. You save on tips, and you don't have to buy the diffuser so it's more in the $1100 range for the catback.

I had been considering the Remus dual tip axle back before the CSS muffler came along. Was going to see how that sounded, and then add on their midpipe later if desired.

True, forgot that the advantage of the dual tip was no diffuser lol

I got a 2 tip version with chrome tips for a very, very good price from Mike at Extreme Power House.

Remus is the best sounding exhaust for the MK7s IMO, with the Neuspeed being a close second followed by AWE.

I agree with that order.

Seems that they're non-resonated cat back version, which is basically just straight pipes from the downpipe back (right?), is like $950 with the midpipe and carbon tips. The one with the muffler is $1150.

Still hard to justify vs the $688 AWE exhaust which comes with a muffler and no resonator.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Ok so what do you guys think on the chrome exhaust tips vs the diamond black ones? I plan on having silver wheels even if I upgrade so don't know if black tips make much sense.

What would you guys go with on tornado red? Any advantages to the diamond black ones aside from looks?

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
Ok so what do you guys think on the chrome exhaust tips vs the diamond black ones? I plan on having silver wheels even if I upgrade so don't know if black tips make much sense.

What would you guys go with on tornado red? Any advantages to the diamond black ones aside from looks?

Personal preference. Chrome will be more noticeable (shiny when clean, and grody when dirty) while diamond black will be more stealthy (will hide dirt better).

Nrappa

Ready to race!
Dude, a cat back doesn't really do much performance wise. That being said, an inexpensive but quality cat back vs an expensive cat back ... well you're getting my point. I run a magnaflow sounds great with a stock DP and it's a true 3in catback and won't break the bank. Very satisfied with it. Now when I put my DP on its a little on the loud side. Not terrible just a hair.

If I had it to do over I'd probably leave the stocker on and do a muffler delete or put a different muffler in the stock cat back. I'm not cheap I just don't like paying 1200 bucks for something I can get the same result for literally half... ultimately it's your car and your decision that's just my 0.02
I like the CSS a lot, I'm considering that along with the AWE, thing is I don't like the tips on the CSS I assume that would be a pretty simple and easy thing to change though?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie

I like the diamond black AWE tips on my night blue GTI. They sort of get lost in the darkness, which I like. If I had the 4" chrome, I think people behind me would be saying, "hey, look at that GTI with the big 4" tips." Of course, I have a "hey look at me" personalized license plate, so my point may be moot. :D