GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

PicositoGTi

Go Kart Champion
Follow up. Boost bumped to 32psi. Same 7deg timing and 93 e24 mox. Cheater DA. 35mph tail wind the faster two runs. Probably around 20mph for the first one. Had fuel cut on the first run at 8.64. Cheater slope on that last one. 8.45 run was same spot but no fuel cut as I put in 4 gallons. Section of road is kind of u-shaped so started a bit earlier
Car is moving man!

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Screenshot_20220429-051842_dragy.jpg

Full weight, two 50lbs car seats, full tank, 27psi. @Diggs24

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Stock block Audi S3 prestige, full weight, kids car seats, stuff in the trunk. Tpc770

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220428-103649_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20220428-103649_dragy.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 119

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Vortex standard, rs3 fuel pump, autotech HPFP.
I had my Max pressure ratio at 2.6 @ 3k and 2.8 @ 4k which is slowing the spool a bit. I just raised it and added timing so 9's should be possible. I was maxing 12.5* If I can hit 9's in upper 60-70*s when it's cold I'll be low 9's no prob.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I had my Max pressure ratio at 2.6 @ 3k and 2.8 @ 4k which is slowing the spool a bit. I just raised it and added timing so 9's should be possible. I was maxing 12.5* If I can hit 9's in upper 60-70*s when it's cold I'll be low 9's no prob.
You running an ethanol mix then? You have to be with that timing.

If you are, I see no reason you shouldn't be able to hit a low-9s or maybe even a high 8s.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Yeah I'm running e60 right now. I don't have mpi and I am still running the stock sensors. It's peaking 28 psi. I've been adding more so I can see where I start to break traction. I can stomp it at 45 right now no prob and not spin.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I imagine you can run a good bit more PR. Just bump it up 0.05 at a time. That is usually my approach. Am on MPI + sensors though. But you can see the ramp approach.

Here is what I was running on my pump gas tune.

1651325523507.png

And here is the one from my e85 tune. Had stickies on the car too though.

1651325476150.png

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Can anyone confirm that the discharge pipes help the car spool faster? Or should I just mess with wastegate settings.

Last edited:

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
Can anyone confirm that the discharge pipes help the car spool faster? Or should I just mess with wastegate settings.
the way i view it, it certainly cant make the car slower, there is tons of speculation, and some reports that some didnt feel any difference at all, there are some stories about noticing wastegate duty cycle changing, some say it does spool faster, < alot of people make good power on the stock charge pipes, there were some flow tests done on just the piping and then in conjunction flowed through an intercooler
https://mygolfmk7.com/charge-pipes-mk7-gti/

I planned to replace them, hotside and cold side, so i purchased eqt discharge and cts throttle side kits, i've yet to install them, but for myself, knowing i addressed them with quality couplers and tbolt clamps and higher flowing pipes makes it worth it to me.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I wouldn't necessarily say it will help spool faster, it will flow better and will reduce some wg duty, what turbo do you have again? Stock turbos not gonna really notice much, when you get to the hybrids and stuff you will be able to see the restriction

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
I wouldn't necessarily say it will help spool faster, it will flow better and will reduce some wg duty, what turbo do you have again? Stock turbos not gonna really notice much, when you get to the hybrids and stuff you will be able to see the restriction
I have the standard vortex. It's just a bit lagger than I want. It makes full boost around 5k and does the same when it shifts into 4th. I'm guessing I just need to play more with the wastegate duty in that range.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I have the standard vortex. It's just a bit lagger than I want. It makes full boost around 5k and does the same when it shifts into 4th. I'm guessing I just need to play more with the wastegate duty in that range.
5k?! Who tuned it? Should be making power way before that. Hell, I have full spool on the XL way before that!