GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
I traded this in for my GTI after only having it for less than a half year and sometimes I miss the growl.

2972FAD0-7783-47CE-8299-E32ADE762642.jpeg

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
Trigger warning: some of you may want to look away for these pics...

I have a raceseng knob that has been misaligned since I installed it in 2020
View attachment 223370

I lost my rear tow hook cover and used my front cover instead
View attachment 223371

And worst of all, the winter damage to my front bumper. I keep telling myself I can live with it until I buy a golf R front bumper, but the day never comes 😢
View attachment 223372
I have a red one as well. My bumper looks exactly the same as yours with that peeling. Also My aerofab splitter has been pulling down on the bumper and broke all the lower grill pieces and cracked The bottoms of the fog light trim pieces. The bumper finally had enough and is cracked in 3 places now lol. I basically need an entire new bumper with the accessories. Freaking nightmare.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
When I got the car it had mis-matched reflectors on the lower bumper. I still haven’t fixed it and it’s even worse at night.

CC534865-B81A-44A6-ABE3-AB74CFC715B9.jpeg

I’ve been running the same aFe dry filter for the past 40k miles and I’ve only cleaned it once.

I’ve never gotten an alignment in the 45,000 miles I’ve owned the car.

gbar

Ready to race!
I have a red one as well. My bumper looks exactly the same as yours with that peeling. Also My aerofab splitter has been pulling down on the bumper and broke all the lower grill pieces and cracked The bottoms of the fog light trim pieces. The bumper finally had enough and is cracked in 3 places now lol. I basically need an entire new bumper with the accessories. Freaking nightmare.
Good to hear I'm not the only one. Now that I've passed 100k miles, the car has started to enter 'beater' territory in my mind so it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. Maybe someday I'll swap a golf R front bumper and wrap the whole car.