GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk7.5's are touching down in NA

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
Looks like they are popping up at Canadian dealerships, if the shipping routes are correct, should be seeing them at US dealerships this week!

R_MK7

Ready to race!
Nice! Not a fan of that green at all though :eek:

Also am I the only one who prefers the look of the euro led tails to these new ones?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Nice! Not a fan of that green at all though :eek:

Also am I the only one who prefers the look of the euro led tails to these new ones?
Yup, these are the lights found on lower spec RoW golfs. They're somewhat BMW-ish

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ImolaR

Ready to race!
Don't care for the styling. Its rare these mid-cycle refresh's are aesthetic improvements to my eye. Only one I can think of that I personally liked was 997.1 to 997.2 911's, lol.

That green is...brave..

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I'm curious if the gti will be able to reto fit the digital gauges. The dart has two different gauges and you can in them.

B95zP

Ready to race!
I'm curious if the gti will be able to reto fit the digital gauges. The dart has two different gauges and you can in them.

Would be very pricey, and require a lot of coding. My hypothesis is that the level of effort and cost would put this outside the realm of being a smart thing to do.

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
Don't care for the styling. Its rare these mid-cycle refresh's are aesthetic improvements to my eye. Only one I can think of that I personally liked was 997.1 to 997.2 911's, lol.

Most take time to warm up to. I was like that with the B8 to B8.5 S4. Owning a B8 I never liked the B8.5...as I hit 160k on my 2010, the B8.5 started looking good and worthy of a trade in. Now I can't find my perfect B8.5, but the MK7.5 and all the tech is mighty nice for the price.

Once I see the MK7.5 in the flesh I will decide how much I like it...mind you I am waiting for mine in black so there will be bias. The headlights I kind of like the MK7 more. I'm still relatively new to the product to really pick up on the other items the MK7 owners prefer.

End of the day, if only the Golf R came with some nice seats like in the GTI Clubsport or euro MK6 R...and had a Torsen AWD - I would have done this years ago.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
I love those tail lights. The new styling is only a subtle difference, but an improvement IMO. I wouldn't choose that green, but options are always good.

cebo0650

I just noticed that in Canada we can only get the 8" Discover media, and not the 9.2" Disicover Pro media.

That really sucks and it might be a deal breaker for me.

Why do we always have to get shafted!??

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Meh.

Nothing I’d trade up for, I’ll wait for the mk8, not that I’d be in the market anyway but nothing that makes me upset owning a 16 and a 17

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I love those tail lights. The new styling is only a subtle difference, but an improvement IMO. I wouldn't choose that green, but options are always good.
Keep in mind, the RoW GTI and Golf R have the tail lights with dynamic signals (like in my profile pic/avatar). It would've been better if the NAR GTI and Golf R got the dynamic signal tails.

I know some people don't like the new RoW dynamic signal tail lights, though.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I just noticed that in Canada we can only get the 8" Discover media, and not the 9.2" Disicover Pro media.

That really sucks and it might be a deal breaker for me.

Why do we always have to get shafted!??

"Shafted"? No. The 9.2" "Pro" model has NO volume or tuning knobs. MAJOR fail. I'd go all they way back down to 6.5" to get knobs before I'd want that big one with none.