GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7.5 tail light problem on mk7

Mk7Holland

Car(s)
Golf 7 (2015)
Hello,
(Mk7 owner from Holland)

Yesterday I installed the mk7.5 tail lights on my mk7. I ordered my tail lights on AliExpress (AKD Automotive). Because it’s way cheaper and I know for a fact that many companies over here order aftermarket lights through, for example, AliExpress.

The tail lights are plug-to-play. I installed the tail lights and the wire harness. And that’s it. No need to code anything. My golf has standard the halogen tail lights.

Unfortunately...

E1A1879E-D1F9-4FA7-99A3-553BBA6E1127.jpeg

The tail light in the red circle is dynamic but the other half is not dynamic anymore after the first signal.

When I turn left, the first signal is dynamic through the whole left tail light but after the first signal the right part of the left tail light is not dynamic anymore. I have checked the wires but nothing has changed.
Maybe the coding from factory is wrong and has to be changed.

The right sight of my tail light is good. The first signal is dynamic and the signals after that too.

Does anybody know what’s wrong with my left tail light?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
There’s no coding possible for aftermarket lights. They are plug&play. If the amber section of the inner tail light works (via yellow provided wire), the connection is there. I guess it’s a quality issue w/ your inner-left tail light.

Mk7Holland

Car(s)
Golf 7 (2015)
Thanks for the reply.
As you said there is a connection, the first signal is dynamic. I don’t understand why after the first signal my inner left tail light isn’t dynamic anymore.

Is there anything else that I can do?

smashedpotatoes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
Thanks for the reply.
As you said there is a connection, the first signal is dynamic. I don’t understand why after the first signal my inner left tail light isn’t dynamic anymore.

Is there anything else that I can do?

The connection is referring to the fact the the light can get power. The broken dynamic function is probably faulty programming.

Jem

Car(s)
2018 Golf Tsi
I have these lights fitted on my Golf 7.5, a friend of mine bought them for his Mk7 (from the same dealer). The turn signal on his car is not flowing in the same way as it is on my car. His turn signals är blinking one at a time. First the inner then the outer. On my car they flow from the inner to the outer side.

Mk7Holland

Car(s)
Golf 7 (2015)
I contacted the supplier and he will send another inner left tail light and a extra yellow wire connector. I hope that will help. Thank you for your replies!
That’s the risk of buying stuff on AliExpress. When I buy the new mk7.5 headlights for my mk7 I will buy it at a store nearby. It’s more pricy but it’s worth the money.

Mk7Holland

Car(s)
Golf 7 (2015)
I have these lights fitted on my Golf 7.5, a friend of mine bought them for his Mk7 (from the same dealer). The turn signal on his car is not flowing in the same way as it is on my car. His turn signals är blinking one at a time. First the inner then the outer. On my car they flow from the inner to the outer side.
The only problem I have is that the inner left tail light isn’t dynamic anymore after the first signal. The rest of the tail lights are working perfect. Like other people said, it is faulty programming.

Unfortunately for your friend it isn’t working at all. I hope that he can get his money back.

123allan123

Car(s)
Mk7 110hp
Hi, also saw your other thread but this one seems more active.

Owner MK7 2016 here also from the Netherlands and also purchased the same LEDS (I ordered them from ali)
My inner tailight (Trunk) is not dynamic either. (on both taillights)
The outside taillight blinker is dynamic.

I bought a obdelevenpro but had no succes programmering it. (Tried everything at https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...5-tail-light-issue.364851/page-2#post-7470170) but it made it worse, most things started working differently and I resetted it to default.

It seems we suffer from the same problem.

It does work when locking/unlocking the car. (Prolly the same as op describes, first blink works)
It just does not work with turn signals.

Some more info on the lights:View attachment 206030
Is how its wired, 1 extra cable was deliverd to be attached to the yellow cable.
This cable had to be connected to my inner taillight(trunk).

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Any tips for obdeleven more then welcome, I am going to take another look tomorrow.

Mk7Holland

Car(s)
Golf 7 (2015)
Do you have the OBDEleven app/connector?
It might be worth checking over the BCM mappings to ensure they are what they should be.
I don’t have the OBDEleven connector. I will buy it soon because it has some interesting features for my car. I don’t want to mess anything up with my tail lights so I be cautious with the app.

Mk7Holland

Car(s)
Golf 7 (2015)
Hi, also saw your other thread but this one seems more active.

Owner MK7 2016 here also from the Netherlands and also purchased the same LEDS (I ordered them from ali)
My inner tailight (Trunk) is not dynamic either. (on both taillights)
The outside taillight blinker is dynamic.

I bought a obdelevenpro but had no succes programmering it. (Tried everything at https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...5-tail-light-issue.364851/page-2#post-7470170) but it made it worse, most things started working differently and I resetted it to default.

It seems we suffer from the same problem.

It does work when locking/unlocking the car. (Prolly the same as op describes, first blink works)
It just does not work with turn signals.

Some more info on the lights:View attachment 206030
Is how its wired, 1 extra cable was deliverd to be attached to the yellow cable.
This cable had to be connected to my inner taillight(trunk).

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Any tips for obdeleven more then welcome, I am going to take another look tomorrow.
That’s strange that both of your inner tail lights are not dynamic after the first blink. I have it with one inner tail light. I think it is the problem of the supplier of the tail lights. Maybe faulty coding or some sort of thing.

The yellow wire is just a connector between the outer and inner lights.. The problem is in your inner tail light itself. I have connected the supplier and he will send another inner tail light to me. After that I’ll send the faulty tail light back.

Other members said that plug and play lights can’t be coded. So I think that the best you can do is to connect your supplier about your problem and work out a deal to get two good inner tail lights. I know for sure that when I’m going to buy the mk7.5 head lights I will buy it at a supplier nearby.

123allan123

Car(s)
Mk7 110hp
That’s strange that both of your inner tail lights are not dynamic after the first blink. I have it with one inner tail light. I think it is the problem of the supplier of the tail lights. Maybe faulty coding or some sort of thing.

The yellow wire is just a connector between the outer and inner lights.. The problem is in your inner tail light itself. I have connected the supplier and he will send another inner tail light to me. After that I’ll send the faulty tail light back.

Other members said that plug and play lights can’t be coded. So I think that the best you can do is to connect your supplier about your problem and work out a deal to get two good inner tail lights. I know for sure that when I’m going to buy the mk7.5 head lights I will buy it at a supplier nearby.
Thanks, I contacted the seller and he asked for a video.
If anyone is interested or knows if this can be fixed with OBDeleven please let me know.

Video url:

123allan123

Car(s)
Mk7 110hp
Just reporting back my obdeleven results.

Tried coding it myself and discovered that my blinkers were programmed at leuchte19&20 with hellphase.
Tried different options there but no result, also tried changing "Blinkers" to "LED Blinkers" but it does not do anything.

The seller is going to sent me new taillights.

Mk7Holland

Car(s)
Golf 7 (2015)
The lights are plug and play so that’s why you can’t code them. It’s already programmed. The best option is to get new inner tail lights. I went to the vw dealer and they can’t help me because the lights are aftermarket. I hope that your new inner tail lights will work fine.