GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 - Non-PP Upgrade Options

RedRaider17

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
So finally after getting my clutch (Stage 3 South Bend) installed I’ve been able to really enjoy my IS38 (APR HT) for the past couple of months. However, know I’ve noticed some significant grooves in my front rotors. I don’t track the car and currently use it as my DD. I don’t beat on the brakes hard when driving but on occasion when I’m at high speed and need to break harder I feel the stock brakes not being able to keep up. With that being said, I’m looking down the path of upgrading my break system. Now the purpose of the car is again a DD, I don’t track the car but I might like to take it on the track maybe 1 or 2 twice a year down the road. I think going with a big brake kit would be over kill given my uses for the car and the prices are sometimes ridiculous for them. That being said, I was curious if upgrading to the PP (front) brake kit would be a happy medium? Or should I just invest in better rotors and or pads given my setup and uses?

2018 GTI S (MT)
56k miles
APR Stage 3 (IS38)

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I was looking to upgrade as well and found Prodigy Werks . Something more than stock (uses stock 312mm front caliper) at a reasonably price.

RedRaider17

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
I was looking to upgrade as well and found Prodigy Werks . Something more than stock (uses stock 312mm front caliper) at a reasonably price.
Oh wow those are definitely reasonably priced and have a nice aggressive look to them as well! Going to upgrade the rears as well or just opt for the stock on the rear? Debating if that’s worth changing since there is not much needed performance wise more of a aesthetic upgrade lol.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Na upgrading the rears require more work than I'd like and I don't really need these; I don't track my car and just want something more than stock. I figure the CR4 would give more stopping power.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Rears aren't really worth changing. The PP brakes aren't bad, but many people have been passing over them in favor of the Macan Brembos because they're not that much more money.

RedRaider17

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Rears aren't really worth changing. The PP brakes aren't bad, but many people have been passing over them in favor of the Macan Brembos because they're not that much more money.
I was thinking about that as an option as well. But unfortunately I’m running Neuspeed Rse12 and according to the below post it requires spacers which Id rather not have to do so might have to look at something else.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...brembo-upgrade-thread-read-first-post.371028/