GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Golf R, outside rearview mirror blinding how to solve.

vw_s

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
Please don't.
Watching you pretend like mirror position is a matter of opinion instead of safety throughout this thread is probably one of the weirdest things I have seen someone go straight sociopath over. You don't even bother defending or making a point, just 2 word responses and copy paste links about cognitive bias. Why even respond at all? You clearly do not value the words of anyone who disagrees with you. Isn't it kind of backwards for you to have the time to post here when everyone is beneath you?

BTW - If your side mirrors are positioned to see your car, you cannot reasonably see the second lane to your left or right. Meaning you can't see cars in that lane, which sets you up for an accident with someone who is switching lanes at the same time as you. This also remains true on three lane highways where you are merging into the center lane at the same time as someone in the lane opposite of your starting position. The only remedy to this is having to turn your neck way further than necessary to check your blind spot.

You guys can be wrong all you want, being confident about how wrong you are just makes you an ignorant person.

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Watching you pretend like mirror position is a matter of opinion instead of safety throughout this thread is probably one of the weirdest things I have seen someone go straight sociopath over. You don't even bother defending or making a point, just 2 word responses and copy paste links about cognitive bias. Why even respond at all? You clearly do not value the words of anyone who disagrees with you. Isn't it kind of backwards for you to have the time to post here when everyone is beneath you?

BTW - If your side mirrors are positioned to see your car, you cannot reasonably see the second lane to your left or right. Meaning you can't see cars in that lane, which sets you up for an accident with someone who is switching lanes at the same time as you. This also remains true on three lane highways where you are merging into the center lane at the same time as someone in the lane opposite of your starting position. The only remedy to this is having to turn your neck way further than necessary to check your blind spot.

You guys can be wrong all you want, being confident about how wrong you are just makes you an ignorant person.
Should we ask him about vaccines?

TimCv1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI mk 7, Tiguan MQB

Do you really expect me to read that. LOL

vw_s

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
Do you really expect me to read that. LOL
8 sentences does seem like a lot for someone not used to listening to other people at all. This is the exact type of response I would expect from someone displaying sociopathic/narcissistic tendencies.

"I'm so above this i'll just laugh it off."
"If you disagree with me you're wrong."
"I am the ultimate authority, my opinion supersedes scientific fact."
"I don't have time for this"

Not really a big deal because I can turn the forums off. Anyone living with you on the other hand...

Last edited:

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Meaning you can't see cars in that lane, which sets you up for an accident with someone who is switching lanes at the same time as you.
Am I crazy or is this what, you know.. turning your neck is for 🤔

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, try adjusting your mirrors this way and pulling out of a parallel spot. I think you’ll know what I mean when you can’t see shit haha. Or, again, when you’re stopped on the highway in one lane and want to switch.

So yes, it is an opinion. It’s about choosing which blind spots you prefer to have.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
The OEM auto-dimming mirror on the Autobahn does a very good job of handling blinding lights directly behind you. I swapped my side mirror glass for OEM Euro clear aspherical heated/BSM glass from e-acca. Most of the time, the tailgater's lights are in the aspherical portion, and the mirror deflects it. I don't have my seat all the way back, though.
This is the first car I've had which had an auto-dimming rear view, which didn't ALSO have an auto-dimming driver's side mirror.

Even with tinted windows it's bad; at this time of year both my morning and evening commute are in the dark... 150Km of highway each way.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Mirrors look like theyre pointed too far in toward the center of the car. I adjust mine so its just past the side of the car and have no issues with headlight glare

View attachment 230754
This is correct, but my problem is with the inbred NPC pylons who park in the left lane, exactly pacing the traffic in the right lane.

Ususally these "Hills Have Eyes" cast extras are driving Ram pickups or Subaru Outbacks, most often with their hi-beams on, despite a constant flow of oncoming traffic.

I wish the side mirrors had enough range of adjustment to send those photons right back at the offending driver.

vw_s

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
Am I crazy or is this what, you know.. turning your neck is for 🤔

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, try adjusting your mirrors this way and pulling out of a parallel spot.

I'd rather have the blind spot pulling out of a parallel spot at 1mph, than on the highway going 70. While parked, you have the time to adjust your mirrors, or do a full turn of the neck as far as you want, because you are traveling at no speed. My mirrors are adjusted for road use, not driveway use. Your point doesn't seem even remotely on topic. When my car is parked the mirrors are pointed down to watch the curbs, and I adjust them when I drive.

But hey, in the spirit of the thread. Do you have many cars behind you with their lights on while in parallel spots or a driveway?