GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Golf R, outside rearview mirror blinding how to solve.

TimCv1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI mk 7, Tiguan MQB
This link is from an old Car and a driver article that pulls from a paper authored by SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers).

The folks advocating for proper mirror adjustment are not wrong.
LOL just because SAE and C/D say it, doesn't make it so. Have neither of them heard "always check your blind spot" as in over the shoulder - as I note in my reply just above, motorcyclists in particular will thank you - this is basic driver's ed.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
LOL just because SAE and C/D say it, doesn't make it so. Have neither of them heard "always check your blind spot" as in over the shoulder - as I note in my reply just above, motorcyclists in particular will thank you - this is basic driver's ed.
If the mirrors are adjusted properly there won't be any blind spots. I'm more concerned about the drivers in the lanes adjacent to me than the one behind me that I can see in the rear view mirror. And I won't be able to see the guy behind me if I have my side view mirror adjusted so the headlight of the guy behind me is blinding me in the side view mirror.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I retroffited BSM so that I could keep my mirrors adjusted the way I like them, which I concede is improper :ROFLMAO:.
Hey whatever works for you is all that matters as long as you're safe.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I actually bought some blue tint film for this and I’m going to try putting a layer on the glass to see if it helps. It happens enough at night that it gets annoying.

I’ve tried the whole angle your mirrors thing and it’s dumb as fuck, sorry lol. No, you are not in fact smarter than 95% of drivers with their “wrong” mirrors. Change your mirrors and then try pulling out of a parallel parking spot or changing lanes from a stopped one to a moving one, let me know what you see - or rather don’t see 😂

It completely fails when there’s someone directly behind you - and these days everyone is in an suv or 10ft high truck so your rear view gets blocked completely.

TimCv1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI mk 7, Tiguan MQB
If the mirrors are adjusted properly there won't be any blind spots. I'm more concerned about the drivers in the lanes adjacent to me than the one behind me that I can see in the rear view mirror. And I won't be able to see the guy behind me if I have my side view mirror adjusted so the headlight of the guy behind me is blinding me in the side view mirror.
FFS how old are you?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It won't be too long until exterior mirrors are replaced by cameras inside the car for aerodynamics.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Does no one’s neck work? Mirrors are for slackers.
482.gif