GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk 7 vs Focus ST

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Tesla just needs to go back to ripping off lightweight lotus, but give it a single, simple motor, a carbon tub, and a drop in battery that's good for 50 miles and can be hot swapped. Maybe one day, but for now there aren't much better alternatives to my 5mpg setup... Lol
Yeah, one of my neighbors had a Roadster when I lived in Laguna Beach a decade ago. It was nice and quick down low, certainly didn't do well getting into triple digits, but Teslas are still dealing with that. The two speed transmission in the Taycan helps a bit with the issue.

As for tracking, the Model 3 rear motors are much better suited to hot laps than the older design (and the front motors still) and the newest Model S's are getting those motors now too. Eventually they'll fix the front motors too and they'll actually be pretty solid lap cars. They've certainly come a long way, they can turn laps at 100+ temps now, just not many and, like you said, they need a good cool down between laps, but that's true of M Cars and AMG's too, and back to your earlier post, it's really only Porsche that sells you a car that you can track all day long.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Non sequitar

Spent 2 weeks there for a marine biology course.

We found a massive turtle (probably 200+ lbs) that had been hit by a propeller. 4 of us could barely carry it. Called them and 2 people came. Scrawny girl and and a huge dude. After we had been struggling to move it closer, he just squats, hugs it and dead lifts it and marches up the beach with it. 😂

Anyway, they nursed it back to health and released it a few months later.
Did they properly lube it?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Did they properly lube it?
Maybe that's why we couldn't carry it..definitely not because we could barely curl a text book

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Tell us about your lord and savior, the Veloster. 🤣
Wasn't my lord and savior but I liked my 16 Veloster Turbo. Hopped that up as far as I could with the torque limit of the 16 DSG. Had the N been available with a DSG when I got my GTI I would have got the Veloster instead.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Wasn't my lord and savior but I liked my 16 Veloster Turbo. Hopped that up as far as I could with the torque limit of the 16 DSG. Had the N been available with a DSG when I got my GTI I would have got the Veloster instead.
It’s a great dsg too, the n’s dsg programming is leaps and bounds better than the Gti’s.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Has the ECU been cracked yet?
Pffffft

Cobb still has no interest in the platform. A Korean group was able to make simple changes to timing boost and fuel. But nothing substantially better than a jb4. The dsg, no one’s even trying on cracking that tcu either.