GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk 7.5 Cost Cutting

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
I'd very much like a HEPA cabin air filter. None I can find are specified for a 2019 GTI, but that doesn't mean they won't fit.

Does anyone know if the size matches an older model or something?

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Just picked up a CPO 2019 autobahn GTI (U.S.). Missing the trunk tire liner, instead they put like 4 little self adhesive pillow pouches from the factory, not sure what thats all about, to keep the compact spare more comfortable? Also not sure if I have the threaded tow hook in the little spare kit, I have not pulled out the whole foam lined spare kit on the left side yet. Also missing hood damper/liner. Fabric battery cover is missing the top flap. The absence of the backlights on the overhead console lights is kind of annoying, don't know if I'll spend $100 to install the backlit panel since I'll probably get used to feeling for the switches in the dark. The sunroof switch is the only backlit switch along with the Car-Net buttons. Did not come with felt lined glove box like my MK6 Golf TDI had, and no lock, I might upgrade those? Car came with 9 speaker Fender. I'm coming from a MK6 2017 Jetta SEL so most of the stuff on this 2019 GTI are quite an upgrade, the best feature is the resume button on the adaptive cruise control from a complete stop-- on my MK6 2017 Jetta SEL the adaptive cruise would shut off at a complete stop and I'd have to manually accelerate to at least 15 miles per hour to click on the resume button which made it suck in stop and go traffic.

In my 2019, the foam on the left side is a two piece sandwich. One must remove the spare, and then pick up the top portion. Underneath is the tow hook.

Don't try getting to it without removing the spare. You can wrangle it out, but you're not getting it back in with that tire in the way.

I'll be poking around looking for a carpet to put in there, now that I know one is available.

M3LV

Passed Driver's Ed
Son of a bitch! You’re right. I just walked out and checked the car and it doesn’t have the under seat storage. I hadn’t noticed.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Son of a bitch! You’re right. I just walked out and checked the car and it doesn’t have the under seat storage. I hadn’t noticed.

Smart move for VW, then. :ROFLMAO:

Indeed, quite a bit of this is pretty clever so far as cost-cutting measures go.

They shaved quite a few bucks without overly compromising the premium feel of the vehicle.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Smart move for VW, then. :ROFLMAO:

Indeed, quite a bit of this is pretty clever so far as cost-cutting measures go.

They shaved quite a few bucks without overly compromising the premium feel of the vehicle.

Except I wanted the under seat drawer.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Except I wanted the under seat drawer.
I had one for a year, don't have one now. Haven't missed it. Didn't even realize I didn't have the useless a/c glove box anymore until I read this thread and went to the garage to check. Never turned it on in my 17, don't miss it either. Honestly don't miss any of the changes listed.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I had one for a year, don't have one now. Haven't missed it. Didn't even realize I didn't have the useless a/c glove box anymore until I read this thread and went to the garage to check. Never turned it on in my 17, don't miss it either. Honestly don't miss any of the changes listed.

I'm a courier and am in my car 10 hours per day so I could really use the extra storage space. The Fender audio system would have been nice also.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I'm a courier and am in my car 10 hours per day so I could really use the extra storage space. The Fender audio system would have been nice also.

I agree about the Fender. I just find the under floor storage in the hatch to be the ideal storage for things while I'm running errands. Of course I'd like to add the Helix sub, which would pretty much kill that space.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Get a small rectangular plastic tool box (less than 2 inches high) slap a couple pieces of Velcro on the bottom and there‘s your under seat storage.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
although I have a couple of things under seat it really is tiny and you can't open it when driving. I'm glad I have it but like the glove box AC I wouldn't miss it.

psi gauge, obd11, a couple of work keys that are just in case I get locked out of building, tape measure.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
I see that everyone is talking about the underseat cover i think it’s a big deal coming from my last 2 vag cars had it, are we able to add the under cover? If so do we have part numbers?