GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfires

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Last time I had multiples and the 02 code, it was the 02 on the turbo for me.
I replaced my 02 at 70k miles. 55k on an IS20 and 15k on my Vortex. Have a feeling I will need to do it more frequently in the future.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Replaced the spark plugs on Monday with OEM .024 gapping. Got a misfire today in cylinder 2.

Onto the next thing to see what is causing these misfires. Thinking it's the PCV since the RMS started to leak.

Hopefully I replace that and it helps with the slow leak and misfires

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Replaced the spark plugs on Monday with OEM .024 gapping. Got a misfire today in cylinder 2.

Onto the next thing to see what is causing these misfires. Thinking it's the PCV since the RMS started to leak.

Hopefully I replace that and it helps with the slow leak and misfires
How bad of a misfire?

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
This is my PCV. Anyone know about this part # being faulty. Hope I took the right picture lol

6089007D-EA20-4C78-9A09-10A995A9A3D4.jpeg

arob157

Drag Racing Champion

loudspl

Car(s)
GLI, GTI, TDI
Also check your coil grounding when you replaced the plugs.
If the stud doesn't thread in just right or a good ground is not made per coil, you'll get misfires.
It's easy to miss.
Ed has a solution coming soon that grounds to the chassis. A great upgrade, even if you're not having issues

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

loudspl

Car(s)
GLI, GTI, TDI
This is the response I got when asking about the ETA:

"Grounding kits are near completion. I apologize for the delay, please understand this was a pre-order as we finished up development and refined the product.

The final product you will receive is our third version since the original proof of concept and I think you'll find that it was well worth the wait when it arrives as construction material and quality are absolutely top notch!

Thanks,

-Dave."