GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mirror compass calibration

Test Driver

Car(s)
Golf
Does anybody know how calibrate the compass on a VW Auto Dimming Homelink Rear View Mirror?
When I’m going west mine says Southwestern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Did you do the initial calibration when you installed it?

It just has you drive slowly in a complete circle at full lock. I would pop out the headlight switch, unplug it, plug it back in, then do the calibration procedure.

Test Driver

Car(s)
Golf
Found the solution.

IMG_2235.JPG

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
How do you shut off auto-dimming, and will this fit my car? Sounds like it's for a 2017 since I don't think they have the on/off button on the bottom of the mirror.

Elwood

3-7-77
How do you shut off auto-dimming, and will this fit my car? Sounds like it's for a 2017 since I don't think they have the on/off button on the bottom of the mirror.

The buttons on the bottom of the mirror are for Homelink (which is why I bought and installed one). I don't know of a way to turn off the auto-dim feature. It's automatic and just works when it's supposed to. It does get it's power off the back of the headlight switch so maybe that's how it works. The compass can be turned off (mine is off). There should be a model that works for your car. There are at least three variations depending on the other options on your car (rain sensor, et al).

Test Driver

Car(s)
Golf

The Homelink mirror in my 2018 GTI is factory.