GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mid-summer Mk7 Detail

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Clay bars basically exfoliate the surface of your paint, since it is porous. Many things can clog it up such as tar, industrial fallout, bird droppings, even brake dust. Clay bars are used to erase these impurities away, in a sense. Most of this contamination is not really visible, but you would be surprised how much you can pull out when using a clay bar. Detailers use them to get the surface as cleansed as possible so paint protection (wax/sealant/coating) makes the best possible contact, which obviously would help durability.
Got it.
What lubricant do you use while clay barring? Just a water/car shampoo mixture?

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Got it.
What lubricant do you use while clay barring? Just a water/car shampoo mixture?

Most people use a quick detail spray. I like to use my foam cannon and foam the car. I will use the soapy water in my wash bucket if I need some extra lube.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
The bottle of Chemical Guys VRP stays it's fine for plastic. Can it be used on the black piano trim on the doors?

I wouldn't put VRP on the piano black because that's a painted surface. I would rather just use a quick detail spray or a spray sealant/wax.

FrostyMK7

Looks great! The final step is critical for a proper detail :D

eajr

Go Kart Champion
For those interesting in knowing, The Last Coat performed terribly for me. I applied the product exactly how the directions were stated. Turtle wax seal n shine is a whole lot better, for a whole lot less $$$.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
For those interesting in knowing, The Last Coat performed terribly for me. I applied the product exactly how the directions were stated. Turtle wax seal n shine is a whole lot better, for a whole lot less $$$.
I used Seal N shine recently after reading and watching reviews. Stuff is no joke. Best sealant out there right now, especially for the price.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk