GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

hypergti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Just put a new set of Pilot SPort 4S on my 2019 GTI and they are LOUD. I have had Pilot Super Sports on my 2013 in the past with no noise issues. Anyone running the Sport 4S and have them be very loud?

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I have been using them for almost a year. I also have about 4 track days on them. No noticeable (bad) noise. Just as quiet as the stock Pirelli's, or at least very close.
I do sometimes get some noise after a track day, but only if I get hot tire pick up, and it's visible on the tread. It's not an issue though, because a hundred or so miles later, once the tread cleans up again, they are quiet.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
My 235/40r18s are fairly quiet for an uhp tire. They're no a/s comfort tire, but I'm pretty sensitive to noise and they're not bad at all.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
When I first got mine on they weren’t very quiet, and I was a bit disappointed. Then when I finally got home I checked the pressures and the shop under filled each one by 4-5 psi. Once I pumped them up to recommend pressure, it was a night and day difference.

In my experience, they’re considerably quieter than the Pirelli all-seasons that VW graced us with from the factory.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
IIRC, mine are set at 39PSI and I've never noticed any excessive noise. The Nokian WRG3's on my wife's CRV drive me utterly nuts they are so loud.
The door sticker says 39psi on my GTI too. But I find that to be a bit high. So I just set it at 32psi. Car feels better. On track, so far I’ve tried 25psi in the front and 28psi in the back.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
PS4S have soft sidewalls. For autocross I have to run PS4S north of 41psi to not completely roll them over onto the sidewall (I dropped it to 39psi hot to test and had wear marks a third of the way down the sidewall)

Reactions: kep

kep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
The door sticker says 39psi on my GTI too. But I find that to be a bit high. So I just set it at 32psi. Car feels better. On track, so far I’ve tried 25psi in the front and 28psi in the back.
Are those hot or cold temperatures, and do you have additional camber? 25 seems insanely low for a street tire.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
OP, first check your tire pressure and adjust accordingly to your sticker's cold pressure settings. If still getting the issue, I would check your alignment. Do you get any vibration in the steering wheel when driving?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Are those hot or cold temperatures, and do you have additional camber? 25 seems insanely low for a street tire.
Cold. Before a run

my track has three fast sections. Then the rest is just turns. And it’s 2 and a half miles long. By the time I come back, pressure is up about 30-35psi. Stock camber