GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB II Locking down SD Cards?

Lopez0101

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 Mk7 GTI
I can't seem to find anybody else having this issue but it's happened twice now on two different brands of SD card.

I load all my music onto a 64GB SD card and it plays fine in the car. I safely eject the SD card through the infotainment system and when I put it into my computer it tells me something is wrong with the card. From there I can't delete or add or edit anything on the card, but I can read from it just fine. The previous card I couldn't even format again and had to RMA it. Now the same thing is happening to another card I have.

It seems MIB II does something to any SD card that is plugged into Slot 2 that makes it require a format. Luckily, I was able to format the second card, unfortunately, I had to transfer over 64GB of music all over again...

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Is it an XC card? I use a PNY Elite Performance 64 GB High Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-I, U3 up to 95 MB/Sec Flash Card (P-SDX64U395-GE)

coleylikesbacon

Ready to race!
Is it an XC card? I use a PNY Elite Performance 64 GB High Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-I, U3 up to 95 MB/Sec Flash Card (P-SDX64U395-GE)

All were brand name higher-speed (whatever was top of the line 3-4 years ago when I bought them for my DSLR). All work fine in my cameras & mac. I assumed fat32 format would be the default.

Does the media need to me in a specially-named folder or anything?

Sorry to thread-jack OP.

Lopez0101

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 Mk7 GTI
All were brand name higher-speed (whatever was top of the line 3-4 years ago when I bought them for my DSLR). All work fine in my cameras & mac. I assumed fat32 format would be the default.

Does the media need to me in a specially-named folder or anything?

Sorry to thread-jack OP.

I formatted mine in exFAT for 64GB. And the card that didn't need to be RMA'd this time is the exact same card previous posted mentioned.

Exactly the same thing has happened to me. I have MIB 2 Discover Nav in my MY2016 GTI. I used a new laptop to add music to a card which I had been using, with no problems, for a couple of years in the MIB 1 in my GTD, so I blamed the laptop, putting it down to a quirk with use of the SD card slot. The card works in my GTI, OK, so it is still there. I was planning on getting a new card and loading it via a card reader, but your post has made me wonder.