GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB 2 problems, software update and app connect activation.

Bizmo

I have taken my car into the dealer today with regard to some problems I have been having with MIB2 where it has been switching off and not connecting to the main screen and it seems as though this is very common. They have sent me over a TPI which details that it needs a software update but that VW have not yet released this update.

Not great on their behalf! I have made a complaint and am waiting for VW to get back to me but for now here is the relevant TPIs, there are two manufacturers of the MIB2, Delphi and Technistat and both of them seem to be having issues.

Delphi
Technistat

They have also sent me the following TPI which details app connect activation.

They say that the part code which will be needed is 5G0 054 830 A and will be available end of 2015.

Activation key

Lastly is the TPI for if you ordered app connect but are getting mirrorlink come up.

Here

Last edited:

Shifty6

Ready to race!
I have had a similar issue with MIB2. Basically, the dealer performed a "hard reset" they said software updates are coming, but not out yet.

phphoto

Ready to race!
I am having a software update on mine next week to fix most of my issues but not sure if it will fix them all. Problems are, data resetting overnight, app-connect not working, clock losing time, speed volume not working.

themyst

Ready to race!
found that Bluetooth streaming from my iPhone intermittently freezes when switching tracks, and I find it very annoying that I have to start playback on the phone and it doesn't automatically start my music app of choice.

I don't use CarPlay because I much prefer waze.

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG
I have taken my car into the dealer today with regard to some problems I have been having with MIB2 where it has been switching off and not connecting to the main screen and it seems as though this is very common. They have sent me over a TPI which details that it needs a software update but that VW have not yet released this update.

Not great on their behalf! I have made a complaint and am waiting for VW to get back to me but for now here is the relevant TPIs, there are two manufacturers of the MIB2, Delphi and Technistat and both of them seem to be having issues.

Delphi
Technistat

They have also sent me the following TPI which details app connect activation.

They say that the part code which will be needed is 5G0 054 830 A and will be available end of 2015.

Activation key

Lastly is the TPI for if you ordered app connect but are getting mirrorlink come up.

Here

Helpful post thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simonsez

Passed Driver's Ed
Good to know that VW is working on a software update. Hopefully it will be ready in a couple months when I take it in for the first oil change.

Tuppery_Numnak

Passed Driver's Ed
I am having a software update on mine next week to fix most of my issues but not sure if it will fix them all. Problems are, data resetting overnight, app-connect not working, clock losing time, speed volume not working.

Had the Delphi unit that would reset when turned off for more than a couple seconds. They replaced it with a Technistat and now it will sporadically connect to my iPhone. When it doesn't connect it'll just say connection cancelled. I called my dealership and they are going to speak with the tech line Monday when they are back in office. I've never had so many problems with a stereo unit.

Tuppery_Numnak

Passed Driver's Ed
Also, noticed something new: if I'm listening to Sirius/regular radio and get a call through CarPlay, when I hang up the call it wont go back to the radio no matter what I do. The only way it will is if I unplug my phone. I'm curious if VW QA'ed this new stereo system at all.

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
High time software for the Media centre was available for owners to download and update from an SD card. Owners section of VW website could be far more useful.

LuckyLuke

has anyone received an update yet? I too have problems with my 3 months old infotainment. It works for the first 30 sec and then it goes on/off constantly. I was told 3 weeks ago by the dealer that they are still waiting for an update from VW Germany....but so far nothing...wondering how long it will take to have that update