GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Merkle's Truck Talk & other Musings.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I had a Flomaster exhaust on my Civic. It actually sounded good for a four cylinder. Better than any GTI I've ever heard. GTIs sounds like total ass for some reason.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I had a Flomaster exhaust on my Civic. It actually sounded good for a four cylinder. Better than any GTI I've ever heard. GTIs sounds like total ass for some reason.

Really? I thought my GTI with a custom exhaust sounded pretty decent for a 4 cylinder. And I hate 4 cylinders with exhaust.

Merkle

Banned
No, I got a new y-pipe, which came in sections with clamps, so I may end up having it welded together once it's all in. I'm not putting flowmasters on the 3.9L If anything headers would be the way to go for a little extra ooomph. Truck did come with a K&N drop in, but it needs to be cleaned something fierce. After I get it running and together I'll just change fluids, plugs/wires and dist. cap and then just basic maintenance from here on out.

I like the way my GTI sounded, and the Miata sounds good for a 4-cyl.
I was behind a Fiat 500 Abarth earlier, it sounds good on a level above doe. It's the tits.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Agreed. Abarth sounds good. There is one in my neighborhood. Whenever it goes by I stop and stare and listen.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Straight pipes too. It's crazy how well the turbo acts as a muffler. Also crazy because GTI's sound like garbage trucks with straight pipes.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Straight pipes too. It's crazy how well the turbo acts as a muffler. Also crazy because GTI's sound like garbage trucks with straight pipes.

Oh man. I removed the muffler and resonator for teh lulz and massive DSG farts for like a week and it was fucking terrible. I was honestly embarrassed to drive it.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Dat Abarth does sound good. But not as good as my Corvette.

Nothing will ever sound as good as 8 cylinders of pumping fury. I'm actually surprised how decent my car sounds stock. Adding the Ti mufflers and longtubes should make it pretty silly. Love dem V8s.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Alan, I almost bought an FX4 Ranger yesterday.

Saw it in person and the trans was totally shot. :( So close.