GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG

vrBilstein86

Ready to race!
Yes. I was able to use one for about a week.

I was never really into MB's but this model definitely caught my eye. Things I liked: HP was nice, exhaust note sounded deep, and the looks were appealing. I also enjoyed the suspension but a buddy of mine didn't - everyone has a different opinion on how a vehicle should handle.
The things I did not like: Price still steep considering you still see plastic inside, pretty bad blind spot over the shoulders, and the screen is atrocious and oddly placed.

I like the direction MB is starting to take and I am a fan of the new C-Class...but for daily driving, a Golf still would be the choice.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
This may be helpful. I have driven my brothers CLA250, and sat in a GLA45. I was not impressed with either. They have great styling and that's about the only thing I like. I'll say this, the GLA45 is pretty damn fast though. However starting at almost $50k I don't think its worth it. 355hp and 0-60 in 4.8. Hell the R is almost that fast stock on 91 Oct (4.9) and 4.6 on 93 oct. Throw a tune on the R and you can get under 4 seconds to 60 on 93 oct. Oh and these cars still have MBs entry level infotainment system. Even at the AMG level.

Just my 2 cents. Even if someone offered me a choice between either with price aside, I'd stick pick my R. There is truely no other car I'd rather own than an Audi R8 sometime down the road.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
The only mercedes i've driven was a 1999 c240 and a 2011 B150 (in europe). You don't feel like you're going fast at all, or even floor it. It's that smooth the drive. Although the infortainment system on the b class felt simpler on a bmw. Mercedes are pricy and so are bmw.

PGT

Ready to race!
I had a GLA-250 for a couple days as a loaner. Any desire for the AMG version went out the window....its smaller inside than the Mk7.

L3nnox

Ready to race!
I have sat in one and driven an A220 AMG (what the GLA is based on) and hated it compared to the Golf. The handling of the A class was off and the suspension horrific, rear seat space was not as good as the golf and neither was the boot. Plus I think the GLA ruins the A classes ok design and looks like a cheap soft roader.

In summary not a fan at all.

Just to show balance I do like Mercs and the CLS AMG Shootingbreak is my current preference to replace our 2014 A6 Avant Ultra in a years time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk