Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, I got this from Apple

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,271

mickR

Ready to race!
To get full functionality you need a genuine lightning cable, if you want to display album artwork from iPhone and/or latest version of iPod Touch. I tried an adapter and although most things worked, couldn't get artwork to display until used lightning cable with green collar. :)

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
Hello,

As what happens to most folks, I got the 30-pin cable with the car and need a lighting instead.
Rather than buying a new MDI cable, does anyone know if I can use 30-pin to lighting adapter?

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightni...0&sr=8-3&keywords=30+pin+to+lightning+adaptor

Thanks in advance!

Dude you just dropped 30k on a car.. Go straight back to the dealer, and ask them to swap it out for a lightning.. I did and they pulled one out of the demo.. Even asked me if i wanted to keep the 30pin...

Davefevs

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got my car delivered this morning....yet to move it off the drive, as kids were doing stuff in house and can't be left alone!

So, been playing with the audio system.

As expected, blue collar MDI for my iPhone 4s plays the music, but no album art.

The green collar MDI for my wife's iPhone 5c plays both music and album art,

So...if I keep the green collar in the car, could I get a lightning to 30 pin adaptor (or is it 30 pin to lightning?) and use my iPhone 4s to get album art? (The reverse of the OPs idea)

Davefevs

Passed Driver's Ed
Copied a few albums from iTunes library to an SHDC card earlier, and these show album art without any resizing etc.

Need to research a bit more about playlists etc, although happy that you can shuffle the contents at the root. Just spent an hour unticking 'compilation' from lots of albums....not sure why they were ticked!

mickR

Ready to race!
Dave

Are you a bit of an IT whizz, I've been researching for some time without joy, to try and find if and how it is possible to put a movie from iTunes onto an SD card and play on Discovery Nav (not pro) system?

Davefevs

Passed Driver's Ed
Not that much if a whizz!

I used to rip DVDs onto my old Sony PSP using some encoder and DVD Shrink, but that was a long time ago!

I did a bit more testing re Playlists tonight. Used Itunes Exporter a free piece of software I tried to use previously in my HTC Android days. I successfully got the playlists onto the SD card, and shuffle worked nicely, but then I saw sone artwork missing and inconsistent displaying on the ID tags (some just showed the song title).

Being a bit fussy, I'm back to the drawing board. Might bite the bullet and get a red collar MDI Cable.

They don't make it easy for us do they?

Boosted_2.0

Ready to race!
Copied a few albums from iTunes library to an SHDC card earlier, and these show album art without any resizing etc.

Need to research a bit more about playlists etc, although happy that you can shuffle the contents at the root. Just spent an hour unticking 'compilation' from lots of albums....not sure why they were ticked!

I did this as well and have no album artwork? Any tips on how to get this to work to my sdcard?

pjr

Ready to race!
I did this as well and have no album artwork? Any tips on how to get this to work to my sdcard?

The artwork needs to be embedded into each MP3 and is limited in size to 400x400 pixels and a maximum file size of 200kb.

Before I got my GTI I spent many hours sorting out my music collection and tidying up the ID3 tags and album art so that now I have a 64gb card full of my whole music collection with the album art on every track.

I used a free piece of software called tagscanner to embed the art and tidy up the ID3 tags and then copy the files straight to the SD card.

Davefevs

Passed Driver's Ed
Where do you find the Id tags? In iTunes or some external viewer? My music looks very tidy in iTunes (on pc) and on my iPhone, and I've didnt a fair bit of time in 'get info' editing away to my hearts content!