GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mazda Speed 3... yay or nay???

gas.clutch.shift.repeat

Passed Driver's Ed
First post i've created.

Here is the reason why:
My friend has a 2010 MS3, he finally let me drive it.
Obviously his ride is faster, he has k04.
I can feel the difference tremendously. His car is so much less of a comfortable ride, though. My GTI is much smoother & obviously has better handling.

Anyways, just wanted to see what others had to say about the Mazda.
Anyone get to drive one? Did you like how it felt? Would you ever consider getting a MS3? Other comments?

Let me know what you think of the car!
Again, this is just me trying to see what other people think about the MazdaSpeed3.

bcgti

Ready to race!
I owned a 2011 Speed 3 for about 2 years and it's still a memorable experience. Compared to the GTI it's faster (especially higher up the RPM range) and a stiffer/flatter ride. The aftermarket support is awesome and having a Cobb Tuner is the best thing out there. It doesn't feel as refined as the GTI but is a better 'performance' ride.

Really depends on what you want out of the car. The GTI is easier to live with, better gas mileage and can be a nice quiet highway cruiser. The Speed 3 feels like something special and is more 'sporty'.

If the clutch didn't work me so hard I would still have it.

bcgti

Ready to race!
I found the clutch to be quite heavy and it released/engaged high up. Didn't work me but works for lots of other folks as I'm not a manual/clutch 'master'.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I've only ridden in an older MS3, it was awesome though. That said, I would stay with the GTI unless the Mazda has more features you want and makes financial sense. If your car is not already stage 1, do that and then decide!

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
They are powerful cars with good performance. Not a fan of their interiors and I hate the look of the newer ones. Can't stand the smiley face. Although I did think the older models,
Looked sharp exterior wise! Very clean.

chip1

Ready to race!
I test drove an automatic right after the GTI auto and no comparison the VW was better all the way around to me. I didn't like the interior or the dash layout in the Mazda at all so it was scratched off the list right away.

Spyder368

Ready to race!
Looks wise the gen 1 MS3 is the best.

Although something to think on, the new gen MS3 is rumored to be 300+ hp and AWD.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
They are powerful cars with good performance. Not a fan of their interiors and I hate the look of the newer ones. Can't stand the smiley face. Although I did think the older models Looked sharp exterior wise! Very clean.

yeah thats pretty hot actually id drive the fuck out of that

BDTuning

Ready to race!
Deff a good support for aftermarket on these and a fun car to drive. But in regards to ride quality the GTI wins hands down.

Plus after first looking at one in red and all it screamed at me was Lightning McQueen i have never been able to look at the car with a straight face:D