GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maody's Golf 7.5 GTi TCR on Tracks (mostly Nordschleife)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
New Upload w/ Tony and his wonderful track built Nissan 350Z

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
More of The Ring (#under8)

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Great thread mate (y).Reading about your Golf R you had ,what size spacers were you using with the Pro Track One 9 x 18 ET52 ?
On the Pro Track website they mention the need spacers with the 9x18 ET52 but no spacer sizes .
Cheers
Mal

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Hey Mal, let me say thx first! 🙏 Glad if you like it...
on the Golf R I did not use the ProTrack One rims. But I think the Golf 7 R is the same to the Golf 7.5 GTi TCR.
Now with the TCR I am using 5mm spacers in front and 3mm in the rear.
Cheers, Markus

P.S.: I know there was a great Oz based Golf Forum a few years ago (where I was active as well). But it's dead, isn't it?

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Hey Mal, let me say thx first! 🙏 Glad if you like it...
on the Golf R I did not use the ProTrack One rims. But I think the Golf 7 R is the same to the Golf 7.5 GTi TCR.
Now with the TCR I am using 5mm spacers in front and 3mm in the rear.
Cheers, Markus

P.S.: I know there was a great Oz based Golf Forum a few years ago (where I was active as well). But it's dead, isn't it?
Thanks Markus for the reply (y).
The wheels I'm looking at using they can machine the offsets to suit . I'm looking at ETs 45 to 48 .
There's a couple Oz based forums still ,its good to read what happens around the world . Australia getting stricter on vehicle modifications some of the suspension mods and wheel size's and offsets I;ll need engineering approval , I think much like TUV approval ?

Cheers
Mal

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks Markus for the reply (y).
The wheels I'm looking at using they can machine the offsets to suit . I'm looking at ETs 45 to 48 .
There's a couple Oz based forums still ,its good to read what happens around the world . Australia getting stricter on vehicle modifications some of the suspension mods and wheel size's and offsets I;ll need engineering approval , I think much like TUV approval ?

Cheers
Mal
Hey Mal,
those offsets should solve your problems with spacers. :)
Yah, it's like TÜV approval in Germany.
Cheers, Markus

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
New try of a PiP video. My onboard as main video, the onboard of my mate Tony following me PiP inserted.
I tried to make the PiP vid larger this time, always unsure of what might be the pleasant size...

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Another lap, with a megafast Golf 5 GTi Tracktool this time. No idea what monster HP and torque this
guy is running... But as you can see twice in the video he had wheelspin even in third gear... 😁

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Fresh footage from last Sunday, like always beginning with a warmup lap. :) This time a quite exciting one... ;)

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Was the yellow car with the hazard lights on early a novice or what?

Also, just watched your video from 2020 in your yellow TT chasing the bikes!

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Was the yellow car with the hazard lights on early a novice or what?

Also, just watched your video from 2020 in your yellow TT chasing the bikes!
The yellow car is one of the typical Rentals at The Ring.
Why did he go slow and turned his hazard lights on? If you look sharp from 1:55 you see a yellow blinking light
on the right side of the track (behind the barrier). This means the same as a yellow flag. Reduce speed drastically,
no overtaking, danger ahead. And we tourist drivers usually warn each other by turning the hazard lights on. The
reason was the oil spill you see later (from 2:25).

The Video with the bikers: This was one of my most exciting laps I ever did there. Maybe THE most exciting... (y) :cool:

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Last Sunday again, met one 991 and one 992 GT3, usual touristic driving session otherwise.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
New lap online. Again playing with some Big Boys. A superfast Vauxhall Corsa B in addition,
yellow flags, traffic ... touristic driving as we love it... ;)