GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

manual mk7 R with Jb1

shep13

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wondering what 1/4 mile should I expect to run with a manual car and a Jb1 installed on a otherwise stock Golf R. Thanks

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
You should run 13's. It is very hard to get off the line with a lot of ECU intervention. Fastest car I have seen to date was 12.9 with full bolt ons and APR Stage 2.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Pull the ABS fuse.

Which track are you going to? Shannonville? Luskville? Napierville? Sanair? Cayuga?

shep13

Passed Driver's Ed
So you think pulling the abs fuse will work? I'll try that for sure, thanks

And I'll probably go to grand bend or Sparta.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
100% it will work, because I did it almost a month ago. It completely defeats any and all nannies.

Good luck! I see you are in Southern Ontario whereas I am in Eastern.

shep13

Passed Driver's Ed
I ran a 13.1@106 with a 1.81 60ft. Ecu intervention wasn't an issue after all once I figured it out.
Car is 100% stock with jb1 on default map 1 settings. My best time was with a 200lbs passenger. Go figure.

Last edited:

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I ran a 13.1@106 with a 1.81 60ft. Ecu intervention wasn't an issue after all once I figured it out.
Car is 100% stock with jb1 on default map 1 settings. My best time was with a 200lbs passenger. Go figure.

Thats a great time, well done. I have only seen one manual stock turbo faster than that. You should put it up on vortex in the drag standings it would be the fastest hehe.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7752537-New-and-Improved-MK7-R-Drag-Race-Ladder

shep13

Passed Driver's Ed
Last edited:

Firstorlast

What rpm are you launching at to get that 60 time? Seems like mine wants to drop to 1000 (3-4K launch attempt) before it goes and I don't want to burn out the clutch playing with it at higher rpms

shep13

Passed Driver's Ed
What rpm are you launching at to get that 60 time? Seems like mine wants to drop to 1000 (3-4K launch attempt) before it goes and I don't want to burn out the clutch playing with it at higher rpms

Once I'm fully staged, I completely turn off ESC and I don't touch the throttle until I'm ready to launch. I put my foot to the floor on the 2nd or 3rd yellow and just dump the clutch with rpm getting to around 5000. It only works the first time you touch the gas and only once until I restart. Above 5000rpm I get a lot of axle hop and everything else I try results in a huge bog with 60 ft between 2.2-2.4.
I assume I'm fooling the computer somehow by doing this but don't know why.

I stumbled on this technique by accident and it has worked 3 times in a row so far. I don't really want to test it further unless I'm at the track so the abuse to my clutch counts for something.