GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Manual handbrake silver button popping out?

copperbricks

Ready to race!
I have a 2015 US spec GTI with a traditional lever style handbrake. Recently the silver button in the handbrake popped out, and I need to hold it in manually for the handbrake tolock at all. Once the handbrake is locked into the up position, the button will click into its proper position but as soon as I lower the parking brake it pops out again.

Has this happened to anyone else? Amy easy fix? I'd even be willing to buy parts, I'd rather not have to go to the dealer, as there's some parts I'd need to pull off first (jb1)

Thanks!

Jannnny

Passed Driver's Ed
My ebrake broke 2 times. What I mean by broke is the ebrake doesn't engage when I pull it up. I had to bring it to the dealer on those times. Now, my ebrake does the same thing that you're experiencing only if I am not gentle with it.

see if this would work for you; be gentle when you lower it and keep your thumb on the button until its lowered.

Hope this helps

celaires

I have a 2015 US spec GTI with a traditional lever style handbrake. Recently the silver button in the handbrake popped out, and I need to hold it in manually for the handbrake tolock at all. Once the handbrake is locked into the up position, the button will click into its proper position but as soon as I lower the parking brake it pops out again.

Has this happened to anyone else? Amy easy fix? I'd even be willing to buy parts, I'd rather not have to go to the dealer, as there's some parts I'd need to pull off first (jb1)

Thanks!

Just happened to me last night. Did you ever find a way to fix it? I haven't really had time to take a good look at it yet. I figured it was just clip back in easily, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Set your JB1 to bypass if you're that worried. It's not a repair they need to do a scan for. I think the brake handle is an assembly.

Or take apart your console and see what you need.