GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

manual first gear and second gear super sloppy after dieselgeeks super pin?

Covertjerm

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Installed dieselgeeks super pin on my mk7 gti manual. Shifts were mad crispy and tight for couple days fast forward couple days after shifter has alot of left to right movement when engaged in first and second gear. Also reverse the shifter pops back up for some reason.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
have you tried align it again? also, i would double check that the play is not from the mounting bolts backing out on the shifter assembly and they also have someone look at the gear selector linkage under the hood while you have it in those gears to see if the play is coming from up there.

Covertjerm

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
have you tried align it again? also, i would double check that the play is not from the mounting bolts backing out on the shifter assembly and they also have someone look at the gear selector linkage under the hood while you have it in those gears to see if the play is coming from up there.
Try to align the gears? Where can I check the mounting bolts on the shifter assembly?

Covertjerm

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Align the shifter cables...didn’t you align the cables after you did the pin install?
If not you 100% need to do that after the install.
I actually haven’t aligned the cables. All I did was take out the old pin and installed the diesel geeks pin and short shift kit from boomba racing.