GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI

And where do I measure from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What IC is this? Magic/ Majesty or Wagner?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Wagner. But, when he read that it was a $900 intercooler he changed his mind.

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Wagner. But, when he read that it was a $900 intercooler he changed his mind.

Got it, how convenient lol

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
So just an fyi for anyone who may be interested, the install on audi a3/s3 8v is wayyyyy different than the install on golf/mk7 setups. The core wraps around the condensor lines and makes it more difficult to remove the assembly without disconnecting lines.

Im half way done with install. Ive done multiple mk5/mk6 installs, and this is substantially more involved.

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
So I negotiated with the Chinese manufacturer of the Magic intercooler for a partial refund due to damage from shipping. Ended up getting $100 USD refund as compensation for the shipping damage. so my calculations for this intercooler cost so far..
$320 advertised cost
x80% for the eBay 20% discount
_____
$256 shipped (badly) to me
-100 refund for damage in shipping
_____
$156 for my new (slightly damaged) eBay intercooler
+ 4 for a tube of JB weld
_____
$160 for my new JB welded eBay intercooler!:D

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Nice. I thought i made out well with just the 20% off.

So is anyone having issues with their throttle body pipe hitting the fan shroud? My install finished this weekend, and while not a perfect product, it works. The only issue i'm seeing now is that the fan shroud is hitting the throttle pipe.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
So I negotiated with the Chinese manufacturer of the Magic intercooler for a partial refund due to damage from shipping. Ended up getting $100 USD refund as compensation for the shipping damage. so my calculations for this intercooler cost so far..
$320 advertised cost
x80% for the eBay 20% discount
_____
$256 shipped (badly) to me
-100 refund for damage in shipping
_____
$156 for my new (slightly damaged) eBay intercooler
+ 4 for a tube of JB weld
_____
$160 for my new JB welded eBay intercooler!:D

Lucky you. Mine was 320...

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
What do your guys underhood clearances look like with the cooler installed? The room between the throttle pipe and fan housing on mine is extremely tight. Like im worried about rubning through things tight.

Anyone else seeing similar?

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
What do your guys underhood clearances look like with the cooler installed? The room between the throttle pipe and fan housing on mine is extremely tight. Like im worried about rubning through things tight.

Anyone else seeing similar?

Read Aliensp posts on this thread.

“A larger IC takes more space and moves the radiator closer to the engine. To get a ¼” more clearance between the two, bring the bottom of the IC frame forward ¼” on the crash bar mounting bolts (bottom 2 of 4 that face to the sides of car). Leave the top two in the original scribed position.”

Did you do this?

MadMen

Ready to race!
Read Aliensp posts on this thread.
“A larger IC takes more space and moves the radiator closer to the engine. To get a ¼” more clearance between the two, bring the bottom of the IC frame forward ¼” on the crash bar mounting bolts (bottom 2 of 4 that face to the sides of car). Leave the top two in the original scribed position.”

Did you do this?

The A3/S3 doesn't have that frame adjustment. Would need to put a spacer on the bottom crash bar bolts t the frame.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
The A3/S3 doesn't have that frame adjustment. Would need to put a spacer on the bottom crash bar bolts t the frame.

Pretty sure this is the route i'll be going, and hope i can still get hte bumper and everything else to still align.

Last edited: