GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Hoon

Autocross Champion
This might refresh your memory. 61 degrees iat on 38 degree ambient. If we do the math that is 23 over. We were chatting. ??Seriously, no one really cares about your Uni logs. Your posting them on multiple threads like look at me. Glad you love your 700 IC. I will bet your ass the Magic will outperform that Uni in multiple back to back pulls like on road race track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't seriously be this dense.

23 degrees over ambient on a long pull, yes. There is no way to compare that log to ANY of the Magic logs. It's not the same turbo, not the same avg boost, and I started in the bottom of 4th gear and lifted deep in 5th gear.

Im on my phone and datazap barely works so I can't look at logs, but it should go without saying that a 15+ second log with an IS38 averaging somewhere around 23-24 psi cannot be compared to a 4-5 second pull with an IS20 averaging somewhere in the 18-19psi range..but apparently when you have to justify your purchase, in your mind it's a valid comparison.

To make it a more fair comparison (you know, so people have useful data to base their purchasing decisions) I did a 3rd and part of 4th gear pull similar to most of the Magic logs, and the result (again with a bigger turbo and more boost, so not really fair) was I was 11 degrees over ambient.

My part throttle cruising temps are also much closer to ambient.

I've posted these logs here, and in the intercooler performance thread so people have data. So people can make comparisons between a decent budget option and the smallest (and one of the lowest cost) name brand options.

Stop trying to make this something it isn't. You seem to have your self worth wrapped up in a $300 intercooler.

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Guys please, this isn’t a pissing contest. Who cares who has what, I’m just glad that this $300 option shows good promise for someone like myself on a strict budget (house, kids, bills, etc.) I’m just happy to see so many options out there which fits all budgets.

That being said, not that anyone cares lol, I can’t wait to get this puppy installed before the brutal summer in S Florida arrives. I think THAT will be true test with this IC, when it’s over 100 degrees out and so humid it’ll feel like you’re breathing soup.

pieguy

Ready to race!
Seriously wtf is Hoon's problem? Getting into a pissing match over a $300 IC for people on a budget as a decent alternative. It's not like we're touting this thing as the end all be all intercooler. If you're serious about pushing the car's limits and not getting the IE, APR or Mabo IC, you're deserving of the outcome.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Coming into this thread like

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
You can't seriously be this dense.

23 degrees over ambient on a long pull, yes. There is no way to compare that log to ANY of the Magic logs. It's not the same turbo, not the same avg boost, and I started in the bottom of 4th gear and lifted deep in 5th gear.

Im on my phone and datazap barely works so I can't look at logs, but it should go without saying that a 15+ second log with an IS38 averaging somewhere around 23-24 psi cannot be compared to a 4-5 second pull with an IS20 averaging somewhere in the 18-19psi range..but apparently when you have to justify your purchase, in your mind it's a valid comparison.

To make it a more fair comparison (you know, so people have useful data to base their purchasing decisions) I did a 3rd and part of 4th gear pull similar to most of the Magic logs, and the result (again with a bigger turbo and more boost, so not really fair) was I was 11 degrees over ambient.

My part throttle cruising temps are also much closer to ambient.

I've posted these logs here, and in the intercooler performance thread so people have data. So people can make comparisons between a decent budget option and the smallest (and one of the lowest cost) name brand options.

Stop trying to make this something it isn't. You seem to have your self worth wrapped up in a $300 intercooler.

All cool Man. Just repeating and deducing what YOU wrote. Anybody, that would buy a UNi IC today probably did not do their research is my POINT. I understand (not personal) you have had yours a while. You just (sorry) seem a little insecure. ;).

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
This is a Magic/ Majesty IC thread right? We cannot have a little fun...? Shit parts for my C7, camaros, Dodges, and many stangs where a lot more than this German car. Crazy.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Yo that sig^ I feel like i should be grandfathered in. It all started with my 80$ DP lol

You can have my #1 position. I paid $161 back in Sept 16 thinking that was a deal. Lol. I got screwed... Of course I took a beating from the forum what a POS that was. 15k miles later working like a champ.

Last edited:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Seriously wtf is Hoon's problem? Getting into a pissing match over a $300 IC for people on a budget as a decent alternative. It's not like we're touting this thing as the end all be all intercooler

I have said several times in this thread and in the intercooler performance thread that this intercooler shows great promise and appears to be an excellent option for a low cost alternative to the major brands.

That said, Oldschool is touting cheap parts as something amazing and acting like anyone who paid for name brand parts is a fool...whether it's ICs, downpipes or tuning solutions, he consistently takes the cheapest way out and acts like he's doing something revolutionary that no one has thought of.

I do give him credit, he takes chances on some of this stuff, and Id like to think that if he bought something that was a disaster he'd post it for the community.

When I took a chance on the ebay Rev 9 DP, I wrote a very detailed thread explaining the value proposition, shortcomings, and a few tips for buyers, because no such info existed and people should be able to make informed decisions from several peoples experiences and opinions.

Oldschool says it fits perfectly and seals great with the supplied clamp (which is BS), and anyone who pays for a name brand DP is a moron.

Same with this IC. Says no fitment issues and it's great without any data to support, and brags about the $500 saved. Turns out people are having fitment issues resulting in hours added to the install for some members. Had they known in advance they could have planned accordingly. Do you think his fit perfectly, or did he choose to overlook the issues because of the low cost, same as the DP?

JB4? Pshhh, Neuspeed is cheaper, you'd be an idiot to buy JB4.

Look, maybe it's just me, but i try to post honest and detailed info about the parts / tuning I buy and whatever results I can, for the benefit of other members, and i appreciate it when other members do the same for my benefit.

Last edited:

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
I am curious--does anyone have an answer why IATs creep up while cruising?

Most likely the intake components and turbo are still warming which in turn will raise the temperature of the intake air. As you are near steady state driving the IC will pull about the same amount of heat out as the intake air temperature is going up, so you see a net increase in the IAT reading over time. It should plateau at some point if you kept going.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
You can have my #1 position. I paid $161 back in Sept 16 thinking that was a deal. Lol. I got screwed... Of course I took a beating from the forum what a POS that was. 15k miles later working like a champ.
haha love it im at 30k now and swithcing it out for a fresh one next month (some worn stuff on it)

I have said several times in this thread and in the intercooler performance thread that this intercooler shows great promise and appears to be an excellent option for a low cost alternative to the major brands.

Oldschool says it fits perfectly and seals great with the supplied clamp (which is BS), and anyone who pays for a name brand DP is a moron.

This is true. That supplied clamp in the early versions was shiiiiiiiit

Look, maybe it's just me, but i try to post honest and detailed info about the parts / tuning I buy and whatever results I can, for the benefit of other members, and i appreciate it when other members do the same for my benefit.
Its appreciated too me. I know the difference is gonna be there with the UNI. ALso why im getting cheapo charge pipes. Im not balling and the competition i'm doing its currently smarter to buy small/smart then go for outright quality out the gate.

So yea, im not looking forward to installing this cause i gotta do it on my own....cause a IC at 320 listing price was literally out of reach for a good while. So no paying a tech lol

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Hey guys can we get back on subject regarding the Magic / Majesty IC?!

I’d like to make a list of fitment issues with this IC which others have mentioned.

So far I’ve got :

1) possible trimming / filing of upper (driver) peg
30 mm to 25 mm

2) possible trimming / filing of lower U shape pegs for AC condenser

3) various screws and washers
Such as (4) M5x10 (i can confirm these fit the upper pegs)
#10 washer

4) spare (2) yellow ebay / VW knock off bracket supports clips for radiator / IC assembly
(These apparently are hard to remove and can break easily)

Help out in mention important things I’ve missed so far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: