GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
You guys pass the test. With flying colors I might add;)

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I'm not saying it's a bad piece of kit or that you couldn't eventually achieve satisfaction if you received a faulty unit, just that there would be some additional delays, cost, and stress. I mean it's a hunk of metal with no moving parts. If I were going to take a risk on an off brand item it would be one of these or a down pipe. There just wasn't much data on Magic (besides a hair dryer LOL) when I picked up the IE and for $720 all in on Black Friday. There is no way I'd pay the $900+$40 shipping they want for it new.
I learned from my Scion days. If its something I couldn't make myself with a reasonable amount of resources then I'll pay that cost.

I've had an 90$ downpipe for 3 years and replacing it this summer as the joint piece is worn after 3 NY winters. Great performance, sound.

Had a cheapo open intake , o2 spacer, TMD, leds, etc. Things like tires, suspension, and ecu things I'm willing to pay that extra bit due to the inherent risk and benefits. I'll be getting this IC next month along with the charge pipes. If it goes right 470 for all of it together. Thats $400 freed up for other things like gas, rent, and black panther posters lol. It's a fun time.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Thats $400 freed up for other things like gas

word

i feel u

and black panther posters

u wot?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Brand Boyz trying to justify paying 2-3x more. Lolz. This is a ebay IC thread.

eBay guys trying to justify paying half based on a couple 3 second pulls....

Seriously though, this IC shows promise. I'm not in the market, but if I were I'd be holding out for some more taxing datalogs.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
I'm not saying it's a bad piece of kit or that you couldn't eventually achieve satisfaction if you received a faulty unit, just that there would be some additional delays, cost, and stress. I mean it's a hunk of metal with no moving parts. If I were going to take a risk on an off brand item it would be one of these or a down pipe. There just wasn't much data on Magic (besides a hair dryer LOL) when I picked up the IE and for $720 all in on Black Friday. There is no way I'd pay the $900+$40 shipping they want for it new.

I’ll get some good logs once I receive mine and it’s installed

Put an end to this and prove that its decent and does the job for the price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
eBay guys trying to justify paying half based on a couple 3 second pulls....

Seriously though, this IC shows promise. I'm not in the market, but if I were I'd be holding out for some more taxing datalogs.

Agreed with Hoon. The logs so far aren’t the best.

We need better data for those on the fence about purchasing this IC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Looks like my Wagner lol

Debating wether or not to try this myself. How long did it take you, and any special tools required? Did you have to drain or top off any coolant?

BronxBomber

Ready to race!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Any special tools needed and how long did it take?

Takes 3-4hrs first time, no special tools (besides torx and triple squares, but those are nothing special on German cars).

A 1/4" impact driver goes a long way for fast disassembly and reassembly, but not required by any means.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Takes 3-4hrs first time, no special tools (besides torx and triple squares, but those are nothing special on German cars).

A 1/4" impact driver goes a long way for fast disassembly and reassembly, but not required by any means.

Thanks. Thinking about doing this. Save myself $350. Shops out here are nuts with their prices