GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

looking to upsize my car while downsizing my payment

Demetrius Joel

Ready to race!
im currently in a 2 door GTI. ive come to realize getting my daughter in out of her car seat is just a pain in the arse.

im checking out a used 2012 A6 3.0t. fully loaded.
im afraid because it has 96k miles on it.
my question is
is that a lot? seems so
how good are these?
when can i expect to do major repairs?
is this a good/smart buy?

the Audi costs 22k

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
96,000 over about 4 years?
Car has been driven.
Over 20,000 miles a year.
Not a reason not to get it but use the info do try for a better deal.
If the car had 40,000 you would expect to pay more, so at 96,000 they should not expect top end price.
Also depends on service. Ask for proof of service intervals.
Ask them who owned before. Sound like maybe a sales person car.

On the other info, others might have to answer.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Thats a horrible idea. A 96K mile Audi lol... Idk i wouldnt get it. But then, hnless there was something very special about a car, i'd never buy a car with more than 40K miles. And thats prolly being generous.

pbrunts

08 Rabbit
Car(s)
mk7 Golf R
The good news is that 96000 miles in 4-5 years means it likely spent a lot of time on the highway, which is assuring because it likely was driven more softly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
With that amount of miles on the car it would be a no go for me. You may end up paying less a month but more for possible repairs. I never buy used cars since they're a gamble I can't afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Jetta GLI? Bigger inside than the GTI, standard pleather is great with kids. Can found super cheap with low miles. Also won't have $7,000 a year in repair bills like a 96,000 mile supercharged Audi.

https://www.carmax.com/cars/volkswagen/gli/2013/12836009

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
They make a 4-door GTI ;)

This!!! I haul my 8 and 6 year old sons in my 4 dr GTI all the time. There is plenty of room for a baby seat/child seat or 2! Just don't buy those ridiculously enormous child seats.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
chances are the Audi mostly has highway miles, I drive 16k-17k a year, and given our area the same, I drive from Fairfax (near Chantilly) to Alexandria everyday, so 30-35 roundtrip (involving 395/495 on the way back). Taken to some beach trips on weekends and couple NY trips.

2012 = ~4 years. 4x365 = 1,460 days. 96,000 / 1,460 = on average ~66 miles everyday, he might have commuted to Maryland everyday. It may also possibly bought in 2011 in fall as well.