GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for a review on the quality of VMRWheels.

Pyramid Head

Ready to race!
Looking at the pictures on the internet, VMR wheels are gorgeous. Not only are they beautiful, but their wheels come with the EXACT specifications that I need/want. And let's not forget how affordable they are. I'm wondering, what's the catch? I did read a few things about the finish chipping and wearing prematurely. And I read about a small pothole bending one guys rim. I still have a set on my wish list at a favorite site, but before I pull the trigger can an owner of VMR Wheels give me any feedback about their experiences so far?

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
I have owned a set of VMR VB3s for 6 years now and still love them. They started their life on my Mk5 and now are on my Mk7. Yes they could use a little refinishing as I slightly curbed one and have chips on them but as for prematurely wearing or chipping I would say no.

Pyramid Head

Ready to race!
Nice looking car and thank you for the response, my decision is now made!

artystamk7

Ready to race!
I've had my 810's for a couple months now and I think they're awesome. The roads here are crap, and I've hit couple deeper pot holes with no damage at all. Then again the 810s are supposed to be a little stronger then the rest of the VMR wheels because of the flow form process.

Attachments

• 10478805_10155408836035099_4881427776016521246_n.jpg
    10478805_10155408836035099_4881427776016521246_n.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 8,986

Pyramid Head

Ready to race!
I've had my 810's for a couple months now and I think they're awesome. The roads here are crap, and I've hit couple deeper pot holes with no damage at all. Then again the 810s are supposed to be a little stronger then the rest of the VMR wheels because of the flow form process.

Awesome! Are those 18s with vwr springs?

Pyramid Head

Ready to race!

I have a black 4 door too. VWR springs are already ordered, AND I'm looking at the same wheels! It's ok tho I live in TX lol. And actually I'm dead stuck between the hyper silver and gun metal that you have. I'm about to flip a damn coin! Also is that a 8.5 ET 45 you are running? That's the perfect fitment for flush, with a 5mm spacer in the rear that I might do without. I plan on running pilot super sport 225 40 over that 8.5" wheel, should look amazing. If I could just pick the flipping color lol. Left side gun metal right side hyper silver lol

artystamk7

Ready to race!
I have a black 4 door too. VWR springs are already ordered, AND I'm looking at the same wheels! It's ok tho I live in TX lol. And actually I'm dead stuck between the hyper silver and gun metal that you have. I'm about to flip a damn coin! Also is that a 8.5 ET 45 you are running? That's the perfect fitment for flush, with a 5mm spacer in the rear that I might do without. I plan on running pilot super sport 225 40 over that 8.5" wheel, should look amazing. If I could just pick the flipping color lol. Left side gun metal right side hyper silver lol

I went with the gunmetal because it's totally different the stock wheels including the color. It's a more subtle look imo yet very sporty. I actually considered getting these in black or bronze, but might wait and have them re-finished once I pick up a white R in 2 years. It is a 8.5 et 45 wheel that I'm running using the stock 225 40 18 pirellis. Its a perfect fitment imo without adding spacers with a slight stretch on the tire. I've inquired about the spacers but apparently adding 5-10mm spacers might cause vibrations, so I think I'm just gonna stick to what I have right now, its 100x better than stock. Either way you can't go wrong with either color, they're nice aggressive looking wheels that weigh about 5lbs less than the stock austin.

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
Thanks and VWR springs are sitting here waiting patiently to go on, can't wait :)

Pyramid Head

Ready to race!
Well I ordered the hyper silver and had them wrapped in pilot super sports. And my VWR springs showed up today! Can hardly wait to put it all together. By the way that will FINALLY complete my build!

JJ4RngsLvr

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had mine for about a month. Hyper silver V701. One of them had a few drips in the finish from the painting and finishing process, but they look good and are very reasonably priced. I wanted the gunmetal but it was a 3 month wait and I couldn't wait to get rid of the Austins. I still have them if anyone wants them, BTW.
VMR V701 18x8.5
Stock Pirelli P7 Cinturatos 225/40R18
No spacers
VWR springs

JJ4RngsLvr

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh, and as far as quality, they seem pretty solid and well-made. Can't go wrong...especially for the price. I'll probably upgrade in a year or two to 19s whenever I'm due for new tires, but these are awesome and will be good for now! $900 shipped and I had a friend with a shop install (along with TPMS) for $80 total.

Pyramid Head

Ready to race!
What a beautiful car !