GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid

Looks good post some more when they are on! My car is black so I don't think that color would work for me. Btw I don't think anyone else can see your photos for some reason.

Last edited:

SkyeC

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 GTI SE

Put them on today, no time to wash or head out and drive, but I'm really enjoying the meaty look on these. Will look great once I get some suspension on.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Looks GREAT!

I'm looking to get a 17" setup similar to that. Though I've already got Neuspeed's 17" wheels, I'm not sure on tires quite yet. Though those Continental ECSs are looking like the best bang for the buck.

How are you liking them so far?

Edit, better yet, post a review of the tires here to consolidate the threads and keep them on topic :cool: :
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42606

pingman222

i just picked up my 2015 pure white MK7 4 door last weekend, and i cannot stay stock for long...already looking at rims.

I have a chance to pickup a set of 18x8.5 ET 42 Rays Volk VR G2's w/ 245/40/18 Pirelli's for $1200....it seems like a no-brainer.

Can anyone confirm the rim fitment that that should work pretty easily? I might try to run the 245's, however if they don't work, not a huge deal as i can swap my stock 225's on there as i've got access to tire machines (friend has them in his home garage).

ILoveButter

Ready to race!
i just picked up my 2015 pure white MK7 4 door last weekend, and i cannot stay stock for long...already looking at rims.

I have a chance to pickup a set of 18x8.5 ET 42 Rays Volk VR G2's w/ 245/40/18 Pirelli's for $1200....it seems like a no-brainer.

Can anyone confirm the rim fitment that that should work pretty easily? I might try to run the 245's, however if they don't work, not a huge deal as i can swap my stock 225's on there as i've got access to tire machines (friend has them in his home garage).

Damn dude that's a hell of a deal, that's almost getting 2 wheels and the tires for free

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
They won't fit. Who is selling them so I can tell them to stop saying they will fit, and what is their PayPal?

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Got these a while back. Very light, strong wheel. They mount up well, but i hate the use of hub rings. The provided aluminum hub rings have already started oxidizing. If I didn't rotate tires pretty much every 3 weeks, they might get stuck on pretty well.

Tires are Direzza Z3 in 245/40/17 and grip quite well. If these wheels were a bit wider and a slightly higher lower offset, I'm confident I could squeeze a 265 wide footprint tire on. These tires are 8.8" tread width, and the old z2ss were 9.2" in the same width. The Bridge re71r in a 255/40 would fit easily on these wheels/tires.

Also, sorry about the terrible photos. My phone was all I had around that day...

pingman222

They won't fit. Who is selling them so I can tell them to stop saying they will fit, and what is their PayPal?

;) good thing i'm well versed in the internet sarcasm detection lol.

i forgot to mention...thats $1200 CAD too...i guess i should hurry up and buy them lol

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
;) good thing i'm well versed in the internet sarcasm detection lol.

i forgot to mention...thats $1200 CAD too...i guess i should hurry up and buy them lol
That's a seriously good deal in CDN $$.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion

If you are lower, ya the 245s will likely rub in the front even with the screw mod. Camber plate could fix that, but 225s will likely also fix that. Those rims are 3-4mm more poke in front than what is typically considered perfectly flush. So not a lot.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
If you are lower, ya the 245s will likely rub in the front even with the screw mod. Camber plate could fix that, but 225s will likely also fix that. Those rims are 3-4mm more poke in front than what is typically considered perfectly flush. So not a lot.

I think a 245/35 would be a better fit if you're running wider tires. Not sure what kind of Pirelli he has mounted, but there are 245 narrower than the stock 225 and of course 225 wider than some 245 tires.

245/40 is pretty tall, at around 2.5% over stock, while 245/35 is 1.3% shorter. With a 245/35 he'll have similar outer tire edge to me (maybe 1-2mm further out with a wider tire, or 5-6mm less with a narrower tire)