GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Feralys

Ready to race!
I've been reading so many articles on lighter wheels but I still can't seem to answer my own questions. 18 or 19? How light is too light and how durable can light weight wheels be? And can they be had within a reasonable price. I've been eyeing the 19inch neuspeed rse10 for 350 each but 20.5lbs seems heavy when you can get 18-19lb 18inchers for about the same price. Also. 225 vs 235. Lol... im a wreck.

I basically want a value oriented wheel and tire setup but don't have the expertise or knowledge to figure it out. Can someone help me find the right set up? Not planning to track the car but I love canyon roads and flooring it on empty highways at night and backroads. Thanks in advance. Happy holidays.

Last edited:

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Neuspeed are excellent quality and 20 lbs for19 is very good. Neuspeed look oem as well

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
I've been reading so many articles on lighter wheels but I still can't seem to answer my own questions. 18 or 19? How light is too light and how durable can light weight wheels be? And can they be had within a reasonable price. I've been eyeing the 19inch neuspeed rse10 for 350 each but 20.5lbs seems heavy when you can get 18-19lb 18inchers for about the same price. Also. 225 vs 235. Lol... im a wreck.

I basically want a value oriented wheel and tire setup but don't have the expertise or knowledge to figure it out. Can someone help me find the right set up? Not planning to track the car but I love canyon roads and flooring it on empty highways at night and backroads. Thanks in advance. Happy holidays.

I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat.

I'm aiming for 8x18 or 19 235/40 with a 45 offset; however, I'm undecided on 18s or 19s.

Last edited:

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
At 350 each, 19inchers could make rides harsher right? is it worth it? neuspeed's 18incg wheels are 100 less per wheel and are even lighter. But them rse10s are damn sexy to me though.
19s could make the ride a bit harsher but not terribly. I'd stick with 18s myself but mostly due to cost and weight savings.

BR MK7

Ready to race!
At 350 each, 19inchers could make rides harsher right? is it worth it? neuspeed's 18incg wheels are 100 less per wheel and are even lighter. But them rse10s are damn sexy to me though.

I'm in the same boat as you lol. I can't decide between these two.

Anybody have a vote?!

Sent from my iPhone while on Mars

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
The "mini" wheels are Nuespeed RSe10's. I'm not sure why they use a mini center cap as their stock picture. I know Vossens aren't light but that's my dilemma.

Sent from my iPhone while on Mars
Ah ok well that makes sense. Vossens are sexy but neuspeed is so sporty

Feralys

Ready to race!
Love the Neuspeed RSe10s man. What are your tire specs? I am also thinking machined silver instead of darker colors for my white mk7? What do you guys think?