El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
I dislike shiny wheels, but those are bonzer.
Same here :) , when I saw the finish off the CNC I was hooked and there's still some silver and chrome on the car to tie it all in (y). Their ceramic coated and I'll see how they wear .I can always look at cerakote latter . Too many colours to choose from :unsure: .

Nice about 18 lbs.
Koya told me their closer to 19Ibs @ 8.5kg to 8.8kgs . I'm more interested to compare the wheel tyre combo to the original 19" tyre combo ,need to get some scales .
Cheers

Last edited:

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Same here :) , when I saw the finish off the CNC I was hooked and there's still some silver and chrome on the car to tie it all in (y). Their ceramic coated and I'll see how they wear .I can always look at cerakote latter . Too many colours to choose from :unsure: .

Koya told me their closer to 19Ibs @ 8.5kg to 8.8kgs . I'm more interested to compare the wheel tyre combo to the original 19" tyre combo ,need to get some scales .
Cheers
Those look fantastic, great choice

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
IMG_20211227_184553__01.jpg

18.7 lbs according to my shipping scale
Enkei TS-V
18x8.0 45mm offset
Michelin PS4S 245/40R18

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Mate, it’s not how much the wheels weigh .Its how much power you have to rotate them😁👍👍👍
The thread title is Lightweight Wheels so I like to know how much they weigh. Weight is important to me for various reasons. Less weight reduces unsprung weight requiring less power to get started, shorter braking distances. This explains it better than I can.

https://rallyways.com/10869/lightweight-wheels/

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Lighten up guys 😁😁😁 .

P.S
My post was tongue in cheek ;)
Cheers
Hey no problem at all. It's just with a thread title of Lightweight Wheels I like to know the weight because weight is actually more important to me than looks. When I'm building my car I'm looking for things that make it look good but most importantly go good. So when I got my 18 GTI SE I chose the Motegi MR131 because I liked the way they looked but more importantly reduced the weight 8 lbs per wheel. Then I got the ECS 2 piece rotors saving an additional 4.5 lbs per wheel for a total weight savings of 50 lbs. That's permanent weight savings without sacrificing anything like removing seats etc.

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Hey no problem at all. It's just with a thread title of Lightweight Wheels I like to know the weight because weight is actually more important to me than looks. When I'm building my car I'm looking for things that make it look good but most importantly go good. So when I got my 18 GTI SE I chose the Motegi MR131 because I liked the way they looked but more importantly reduced the weight 8 lbs per wheel. Then I got the ECS 2 piece rotors saving an additional 4.5 lbs per wheel for a total weight savings of 50 lbs. That's permanent weight savings without sacrificing anything like removing seats etc.
(y)(y)(y)
I need to weigh the original wheel/tyre combo and compare it to the new combo . I managed to remove 30kgs + with out touching body panels or interior ,next reduction would be brake calipers/2 piece disc .
With the current weigh loss I had to back of the shock adjustment due to the ride being harsh ,lack of complacence on B grade roads ( B grade roads seem to every road today ) with the 19" wheels .
With the 245/40r18 I was able to revert back to the original shock adjustment and have better road compliance with 40psi tyre pressure .
Cheers