GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

License suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTI84SD

Ready to race!
Wait wait wait...120 on the 5? You're lucky you didn't get the car impounded or worse. Especially if this was the Kings Country stretch of the 5.

Anyways, just be glad you only have a suspended license and take it as a learning experience. Sounds like the CHP actually went easy on you.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
civic
You got a 2 point ticket for 120mph. You don't deserve to bitch about that. Fuck, in NJ 1-14mph over is 2pts.

Idk why people drive so fast on the 5. I know its a long stretch of road and really empty at night but the CHP in those areas have nothing better to do plus if you keep it at the 70 mph limit like what I do I was able to get from SF to LA in one tank. I was going to San Diego and was about an hour and 15 minutes away before I needed to refuel. Then again I went when gas was crazy expensive and didn't want to waste money on gas for a few extra minutes.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
In Florida 50 over or (120mph in a 70mph zone) is a $1,000 fine and up to 6 month suspension. The 2nd offense is $2,500 and 3rd is $5,000.

120mph is excessive on a public roadway.

:paddle:

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 gti, 6spd, 2dr
You got a 2 point ticket for 120mph. You don't deserve to bitch about that. Fuck, in NJ 1-14mph over is 2pts.

At 120mph its a mandatory court appearance with mandatory 14-30 day license suspension.

You must be high to think thats normal or okay.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
fact: K04 in 6th has been known to take off like a plane

Umm 6th gear? Are you kidding me? Who the fuck "takes off in 6th" 3rd and 4rth are the best hwy gears for ko4 and 2nd is the fastest if you can control it. I think retard when I read a "racing" story, (I dropped my car in 5th at 50mph and blew past him). What cars are people "racing" that they blow by in 5th and 6th gear?

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
the cop was a homie about it but I'm just saying it sucks

You have so much growing up to do.

You can take this as a learning experience and grow the hell up, or take the "eff the police this is their fault" attitude and be your age.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk witg erroes

nik

Go Kart Champion
You're lucky you didn't have to walk home. I think the officer was pretty generous to you.

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
You're lucky you only got two points. You'll soon learn the majority of cops in SoCal are power hungry dicks and could have easily cited you for reckless endangerment as well. 100+ is almost always impounded car and immediate suspension plus a hefty insurance hike. Count yourself lucky, learn what you messed up on and don't do it again. We were all 19 at one point and did stupid stuff but you'll see the futility of aggressive driving soon enough.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2012 GTI, Sun/Nav
Here in Cali, anything 20 over is considered excessive speed and can result in your car being impounded. While I don't think 120mph on a public highway is smart, especially at night, I think most speed limits are ultra conservative. Our nation should take cues from other nations where your speed limit is imposed by your license...once you have a decent amount of experience the limit is raised. It would definitely help if driving tests included reaction and control tests (wet skidpad, etc). That would cost more, I'm sure, but it would help keep a lot of people from getting drivers licenses who really shouldn't. If you're a skilled driver and you want to get some speed on an open road with no one else around, you should be able to...except that if something did happen, even if It's just you, it still costs the state money to respond...

I got hit with 86 in a 65, I'm partially convinced that he didn't actually target my car since it was dark and he warned me for following too closely...I'm having a traffic attorney contest it so we will see how it goes.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
120mph is not "normal" so it means your suspension was justified. Too bad they can't keep you off the road. Who knows what else you think is "normal"

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Here in Ontario, 50 km/hr (30mph) over the limit is $10,000 fine and immediate road side seizure. Sounds like you were just pushing the boundaries too far.

melancholygypsy

Bring out the Gimp
Car(s)
2008 GTI
You not thinking you were driving like an idiot is an idiotic statement. 90% of the 5 is only 2 lanes, the roads suck because of the trucks and there is always construction. Some advice.. Slow down before you kill yourself or worse some one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.