GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lane Assist

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Been driving new 2018 MK7.5R ( USA ) for a couple weeks now. Lane Assist has been an unexpected cool feature.

Initially (unknowingly) Lane Assist was making the car drive strange in turns, around town etc. I was wondering if the car needed an alignment or something, as it kept pulling on me. Eventually realized Lane Assist was the culprit and quickly turned it off.

But then started using it on the highway and was impressed. Combined with ACC it’s pretty cool.

What do you know?

Are there any VCDS tweaks?

Seems to me it should really only be active when ACC is on (prove me wrong).

Whats been your experience with it?

adam1991

Banned
I don't have it, but my father in law does on his Subaru. He doesn't like it.

I've driven some cars with that feature, and for some reason it's on all the time. Either it tugs the wheel or (Cadillac) buzzes the seat when you drift over without a turn signal.

I agree with you--it's a great companion to ACC, but otherwise, no thanks.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
There is a tweak to enable enhanced lane assist. I forget the terminology. Have a google.

Makes lane assist more smooth, and less “ping pong” from line to line.

I very rarely use it.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
I felt it not knowing it was on the car and wondered what in the world just happened. Got home, read the manual and turned it off for the time being.

Any idea how forceful it is? On some freeways there are badly marked lanes or poorly obliterated old lines that could fake it out and push you too much where you don't want to go or is it just subtle nudges? I definitely don't want the car to veer out of control on its own.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
I felt it not knowing it was on the car and wondered what in the world just happened. Got home, read the manual and turned it off for the time being.

Any idea how forceful it is? On some freeways there are badly marked lanes or poorly obliterated old lines that could fake it out and push you too much where you don't want to go or is it just subtle nudges? I definitely don't want the car to veer out of control on its own.

So far it seems pretty mild of an assistant in my opinion. And it gripes at you if you aren’t helping it/touching the wheel. Thats what I was curious about. Can it be tweaked to be more active or only active when cruise is on or any other settings.