GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Koni GTS Coilover Discussion

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Hmmm... it shows a knob on the top of the rear shock. Might suck to undo the 2 bolts for access, but that sure beats the hell out of the compress-and-twist style shocks I thought they were going to be.
you still have to take the damn shock off..... :mad: unless there is a way to put an extender which mounts in the trunk.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
you still have to take the damn shock off..... :mad: unless there is a way to put an extender which mounts in the trunk.

When you have shocks that don't suck... you're not going to be fiddling with them constantly. It'll be a bit of a pain to set up initially, but you'll never really need to touch them again after that.

Konis aren't like shit China coilovers where you have to choose between "ride like a bag of dicks" and "handle just slightly worse than stock".

Cutting a hole for access for a remote adjuster probably won't be terribly hard to do if that's really a concern though.

Otherwise replacing the stock upper shock hardware with cam lever bolts could make changes pretty quick and easy.
https://www.grainger.com/product/32PJ59?gucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231

🤷‍♂️

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
When you have shocks that don't suck... you're not going to be fiddling with them constantly. It'll be a bit of a pain to set up initially, but you'll never really need to touch them again after that.

Konis aren't like shit China coilovers where you have to choose between "ride like a bag of dicks" and "handle just slightly worse than stock".

Cutting a hole for access for a remote adjuster probably won't be terribly hard to do if that's really a concern though.

Otherwise replacing the stock upper shock hardware with cam lever bolts could make changes pretty quick and easy.
https://www.grainger.com/product/32PJ59?gucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231

🤷‍♂️
That is true.. hmmm are you using the cam lever bolts just until you figure out the adjustment or all the time? I have had to make adjustments to the koni yellows as mileage racked up on them. I mean it's not a lot but I have gone a full turn with 45k on them just to keep the ride consistent.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
That is true.. hmmm are you using the cam lever bolts just until you figure out the adjustment or all the time? I have had to make adjustments to the koni yellows as mileage racked up on them. I mean it's not a lot but I have gone a full turn with 45k on them just to keep the ride consistent.

I'm not using those at all. I have a 3/8 impact that I'd zip the shock mount bolts on and off with until I get it right.

Was just a suggestion I've thought of before, but never gone through with. If done, it would be temporary.