GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jax fl meets

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Not yet. Waiting for a backup set to arrive in case I f something up while forcing the boots out. I didn’t grease them last time so that’s probably why they’re stuck. Usually come out pretty easily.

But F yeah on the stage 2, dude!

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Gotcha! Let me know if you need any help. I've only done it once but I didn't really have any issues after warming up my car.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Gotcha! Let me know if you need any help. I've only done it once but I didn't really have any issues after warming up my car.
Appreciated. I have pulled them a few times before without issue and without greasing. They got tired of me.

What’s the deal with your IC and DP install? You need any help with that? Saturday is autocross but I can probably help out Sunday if need be.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Appreciated. I have pulled them a few times before without issue and without greasing. They got tired of me.

What’s the deal with your IC and DP install? You need any help with that? Saturday is autocross but I can probably help out Sunday if need be.

I plan on starting Saturday, it might bleed on over into Sunday depending if/how bad I get hung up on the intercooler install haha. You're definitely welcome to stop by!

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
@GTIguy87 So how’d it go?

Haha. Unfortunately I got sidetracked and didn't end up installing anything :rolleyes:

I have a buddy in town this week, planning to have him help me get it done. I've noticed some knock on my anxiety port recently though, so I'm anxious to get my new plugs installed and change over the tune. I'll keep you guys updated.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
@GTIfan99 @mrmatto If I disconnect my battery prior to removing my bumper/unplugging my ACC radar, I shouldn't get any errors or have to re-calibrate, right? I thought I remember reading that somewhere, but I cannot seem to find that thread again.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
@GTIfan99 @mrmatto If I disconnect my battery prior to removing my bumper/unplugging my ACC radar, I shouldn't get any errors or have to re-calibrate, right? I thought I remember reading that somewhere, but I cannot seem to find that thread again.
Yes, as long as you plug it back in before connect battery back up.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
So I got everything installed, only had a few minor hang ups. I could not get the "service position" method to work out for me, so I ended up pulling the whole front crash bar off. I did scribe all the bolt locations prior to disassembly though, so I was able to line everything back up properly. The hardest part of the intercooler install was the damn clips that attach the radiator to the intercooler, those were a bitch. Managed to not break the yellow clips. Also did not realize how much adjustment the headlights had. I removed the headlights fully and made sure to not mess with any of the adjustments. I was paranoid that I wasn't going to have them line up properly when reinstalled, but they seem fine.

As far as the downpipe, man it was a bitch to pull out the stock DP. Had to remove a heatshield and the shield that goes around the axle. Putting the new one in was cake, but unfortunately I got a check engine light on the way to work (even though I bought a catted DP). Guess I have to find a spacer that'll work with it, since you can't tune out check engine lights anymore.

Also, what is everyone's normal IATs? I noticed on my drive to work this morning it pretty much stayed within 10 degrees of ambient, but when I sat at a light for a bit it quickly went up over 100 (obviously no air flow). Yesterday however, it was getting up to 140 when I was in lots of stop and go traffic.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So I got everything installed, only had a few minor hang ups. I could not get the "service position" method to work out for me, so I ended up pulling the whole front crash bar off. I did scribe all the bolt locations prior to disassembly though, so I was able to line everything back up properly. The hardest part of the intercooler install was the damn clips that attach the radiator to the intercooler, those were a bitch. Managed to not break the yellow clips. Also did not realize how much adjustment the headlights had. I removed the headlights fully and made sure to not mess with any of the adjustments. I was paranoid that I wasn't going to have them line up properly when reinstalled, but they seem fine.

As far as the downpipe, man it was a bitch to pull out the stock DP. Had to remove a heatshield and the shield that goes around the axle. Putting the new one in was cake, but unfortunately I got a check engine light on the way to work (even though I bought a catted DP). Guess I have to find a spacer that'll work with it, since you can't tune out check engine lights anymore.

Also, what is everyone's normal IATs? I noticed on my drive to work this morning it pretty much stayed within 10 degrees of ambient, but when I sat at a light for a bit it quickly went up over 100 (obviously no air flow). Yesterday however, it was getting up to 140 when I was in lots of stop and go traffic.
So how much of a difference do you feel?

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
So how much of a difference do you feel?

I'll be honest, I haven't really floored it yet. I've been taking it easy and monitoring everything to make sure I don't have any issues. It does however feel like I have a little bit more mid-range on partial throttle. Seems like the perfect power-level for a daily driver. Not to say I won't want more in future lol.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
So I'm taking my car to Osteen for the water pump issue and a potential oil leak. Was it one of you guys that said that they are mod friendly? Just curious if I'm wasting my time trying to get it covered under warranty.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So I'm taking my car to Osteen for the water pump issue and a potential oil leak. Was it one of you guys that said that they are mod friendly? Just curious if I'm wasting my time trying to get it covered under warranty.
They're mod friendly and reasonable, from what I've heard.

They're pretty established with that culture, but that can charge.

VW St. Aug WAS mod friendly when I bought. I had a couple buddies working there and figured I'd buy and service it there, develop a good relationship, and that usually goes a long way to getting issues covered.

Buddies left, management changed and they started denying claims for mods, even if they didn't have anything to do with the failure. I've had to force them to call VWoA a couple times to get stuff covered.

It goes like this.

Them: We won't cover it, you're warranty is voided.

Me: No it isn't and my warranty isn't with you. Did VW deny the claim?

Them: No, but your warranty is voided.

Me: No it isn't, submit the claim.

They submit the claim and it's approved.

Seriously annoying. When I need a water pump, I'm going to Osteen. Best chance of not being hassled.

Last edited:

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I’ve had good luck getting things warrantied while modded there. And the water pump thing is so common, you shouldn’t have an issue.