GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's time to kill off the cd player

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Dead true, the CD player makes the glovebox essentially useless. For a mid-sized family car it's pathetic. I would have gladly not had a CD player at all.
And failing that they could have put in a slimline one the bl**dy cheapskates..

Davisflyer

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess I'm old school. Have over 1000 CD collection. I'm not into making playlists or streaming music off my phone. I like to grab a couple of CD's every time I head out.

mkygod

Ready to race!
I'd say if they're going to include an optical player, at least make it be able to read dvd data discs so I can put more than a couple hundred MP3's on it. A dvd drive costs at most a few bucks more over a CD drive.

Does anyone know the maximum size SD card that can be used for music?

pipsyp

Ready to race!
Have checked and can confirm VW Golfs do still have the CD player in the new MIB II units..

Its wierd as Skoda Octavias now fitted with MIB2 have no CD player...I believe only the Columbus (with is DNS Pro equivalent) retains its DVD player.

Carlos Fandango picked up with MIB2 equipped GTD earlier this week and confirms it does still have a CD player......I guess maybe VW think its necessary to continue to provide it on the Golf....perhaps a cost saving exercise on the Octavia?

Pezzer1

Passed Driver's Ed
Or VW has a pile of CD units it needs to be rid of before it implements the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
Smartphone? What's that, then!! ;)

Seriously, though, I use a mobile phone for phonecalls, nothing else, so the SD slot is the best choice for me, ours won't work consistantly well with the iPod and the MP3 Player won't work at all... Though I'd get rid of the CD player...

Choice should be SD slot, USB slot, iPod jack and MP3 jack... With the Bluetooth already there that should cover all possibilities... After all, it's not rocket science to transfer music off a CD onto an SD card or USB flash drive...

Sounds like CarPlay does what I was thinking about.

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG
Have checked and can confirm VW Golfs do still have the CD player in the new MIB II units..

Here is photographic evidence!