GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What size SD card can you use in Composition unit?

Mr Bee

Passed Driver's Ed
Is there a maximum size of SD card that is compatible with the composition media unit?

In the manual it says SDHC up to 32gb, and SDXC up to 2tb, but what size has anyone actually used and confirms works?
This would be just to put music on, though I've just been reading about putting radio station logos in, so might try that too.

pjr

Ready to race!
I've been using a 64GB SDXC card in mine with no issues. (Sandisk Ultra Class 10, cost me around £26 six months ago)

One thing to watch is whether the card reader in your PC/laptop can support SDXC as a format - mine didn't, so I had to buy a card reader that could cope with SDXC card.

Mr Bee

Passed Driver's Ed
Good point about the card reader, never thought of that. I'll check if it can read all types before ordering.

Nevo

Ready to race!
I use a 128 GB SDXC. I've got 90 GB in my collection so like to have it all with me to give me choice. I doubt I will listen to it all but it gives a good selection for my passengers too.

One thing to note is the system will not scroll past 1000 sub folders in any folder so if you have a music folder that exceeds 1000 you won't see them all.

I've arranged my by genre which means no folder has more than 800 sub folders.

This also means the kids stuff is in one place.

pjr

Ready to race!
I wouldn't mind knowing how to organise by genre, but I currently have mine ordered by artist and then album as this is the way iTunes arranged them on my PC.

So I have a folder for e.g. AC/DC, and then within that all my AC/DC albums in a separate folder.

Nevo

Ready to race!
I made a copy of my music library created by Itunes onto the SD card.

I created folders for each genre. Pop, Indie, Kids, Metal, Thrash etc and then moved the music into the appropriate folder.

It had to be done manually and probably took about an hour - worth it though as it makes it easier to navigate especially as I have 2500 albums.

Nevo

Ready to race!
I wouldn't mind knowing how to organise by genre, but I currently have mine ordered by artist and then album as this is the way iTunes arranged them on my PC.

So I have a folder for e.g. AC/DC, and then within that all my AC/DC albums in a separate folder.

So for example AC\DC went into my Metal Folder. Metallica into the Thrash folder.

pjr

Ready to race!
So for example AC\DC went into my Metal Folder. Metallica into the Thrash folder.

Thanks for sharing - I thought there might have been a less manual way using the Genre info stored in iTunes.