GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

Raegar

Ready to race!
Sometimes the little things put a smile on my face just as much as the big stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Raegar

Ready to race!
Search for door lock cover for golf on AliExpress, there's different kinds (plastic aluminum, with logos, etc) between 1-5 dollars. Worth every penny!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Good on you for installing that chrome stripe. I had access to those parts for basically free but I couldn't get them out of the bumper they weren't in without feeling like I was going to do some major damage.

-Stinger-

Not going to lie. The lower grill was tough - it was secured with 40-50 STRONG clips. I just used a pair of clippers to break the toughest ones, since it was going in the trash anyway. Otherwise you would definitely risk breaking the bumper. The trim below the foglights was easy to swap. I left the last trim around the lights alone. That would have taken another hour to unclip and there's only 1" of chrome line on those small parts. I can just glue that part on from the outside it I ever want to. But I kind of also like the look of the horizontal line it has without them.

Let me know if you need partnumbers for any of the parts. The chrome strip for the hatch is an easy, decorative and useful upgrade. It might not suit all paint colours though.

Last edited:

njavier03

Ready to race!
It took a few tries, but I used CyberBrain's method to improve the look of the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
It took a few tries, but I used CyberBrain's method to improve the look of the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! It's not something I would do personally because those suckers really heat up in the summer, but they do look really sweet. Nice job on getting the boot straight too! :)

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Color matched the rear emblem trim

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Volvo plate holder installed