I just picked up my car two days ago from Smith VW getting the following mods:
New IS38
APR IC
APR DP - Jethot Coated
APR Tune
APR CF Intake Hose
APR Boost Hoses
Forge Turbo Blanket

Needless to say, the car is quite a bit quicker than the Stage 1 APR tune that I had before. I also need to add a Vibrant resonator because the car is way too loud for my liking with my Remus exhaust.

That being said, I was driving home from work yesterday and got behind a Yamaha R? I have no idea what year the bike was or what CC it was (I'm suspecting a 600). All I know is that it was definitely a 4-cylinder and had an aftermarket pipe on it. I used to be into bikes a long time ago, but haven't been anything more than a casual observer for quite some time.

We were on a single lane road in traffic so there was nothing we could do. I noticed the second traffic spread out a bit, he was on it to catch them rather quickly. I thought he might want to play and I knew we were making our way to a six lane road that has a tendency to open up a bit.

When we first hit the six lane, we slit and got on it hard. I stayed right with him. We slowed and he looked over at me and nodded. I gave him the thumbs up and he and I slowed down to where I was in second gear and taching around 3,000 rpm. We both hit it at the same time and I jumped out on him. We ran through second and I hit third and then we slowed due to catching other traffic.
I could hear him the entire way, but he didn't pass me. It seemed like we were dead even for the most part. I don't know if he was fighting to keep the front end down or not. I couldn't see him as he was a little bit behind me.
He nodded again and I gave him the thumbs up again.

I've had a run with a smaller bike in the past when I was Stage 1 and pulled on him pretty easily with two roll-ons (probably a 450 or 500cc).

TBH, I was very surprised with the outcome. I tried to look up the specs on Yamaha R6's and I now see that they make two versions. One is quite a bit more expensive than the other. I don't believe it was a 2017 or 2018 so I'm not sure how long they've been making the two versions.
I can't wait to put on my summer wheels/tires. This was on my stock Austin's with the Pirelli all-season tires. A little more traction will help out even more.

I'm loving the IS38 for sure. I just need to quiet the car up a bit and it'll be perfect.

tknj99

Ready to race!
Nice.. i'm thinking it was probably an R6 with a 1/4 time in the 11s .. definitely not an R1 which is capable of a high 9s 1/4 mi times

Ofcourse the numbers above are with expert riders. its possible the rider you encountered was a beginner or not winding the bike out..

Still good run! I hope to get a ZX14r as a second bike in the future.. that is bye bye time to any car that tries lol

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Yamaha does make an R6S, which is a slow 600 that looks like an R6. Even that would probably take an IS38 car though.

This sounds like a classic case of beating the rider. I've had 600s, a 750, and 1000s. All of them were street raced extensively.

99% of sport bike riders don't have the slightest clue what they're doing.

A 40 roll is the absolute sweet spot for a 600, and they don't wheelie. Just stuff it and go right from 1st gear. It takes a 130+ trap car to even make it interesting with a 600 from 40.

Yes, I know 600s don't typically trap 130+, but they're much faster than their trap speed indicates from 40-100, and slower than their trap speed indicates above 120.

My buddy's N/A Camaro went 10.5@130, and another friends stock 07 GSXR600 went 10.7@127.

From a 40-60 roll, the bike wins every time. The car is faster to the 60' and faster above 120, but from 40-100 the bike runs away and the car has to play catch-up, which takes awhile.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yup, this is exactly what I thought. I beat the rider.

It's the exact same thing on the track. Get a novice in a "quick" car and they can't do crap out there. Put an expert driver in the car it's light years of a difference.

Still fun.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
An R6 with an expert rider can get 10.5s.

Most 600cc bikes can get into 10s with a good rider. Weekend riders run 11s because they are not professionals

Pirate

Ready to race!
Hmmm... I consistently beat my friends Gxsr 600 from a 40. And im only IC jb4 and dp. he's been riding for years too.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
OP: Off topic but I'm curious to know what made you go with Jet-Hot vs. some of the other big names, like Swain Tech?

Old school I guess. I've known JH for years due to my past hot rodding experience with old muscle cars (Firebirds, Camaros and Corvettes).
Their customer service is stellar too.
I never even thought of Swain Tech.

I did the 2500 degree coating because it's a DP very close to the turbo (well, bolts directly to the turbo). So far so good. I did the Forge turbo blanket as well. Saw a Youtube video comparing TB vs. no TB and the blanket had advantages.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Hmmm... I consistently beat my friends Gxsr 600 from a 40. And im only IC jb4 and dp. he's been riding for years too.

These types of stories are common, i've seen 1000s lose to 450whp cars.

For reference, i had an '05 GSXR750 (mostly stock) that went 10.6@133 many years ago. I was about 190lbs suited at the time. Today's modern 600s are just as fast, if not faster than that old 750 was, and i beat a lot of 140+ trap cars on the roll.

My VBox 60-130 was 5.67, my IS38 GTI ran that in 10.78 (although i will improve that).

If my car met that same 13 year old 750cc bike on the street today, my GTI would lose by football fields.

The big turbo GTIs / Rs are in the mid-high 7s 60-130. They'd lose by buses.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
If it was an R3 they top out around 100mph. I'm guessing it was an r3 or a very new rider on an R6. An R1 for example could crush a supercar. An R6 is damn quick but the R3 with a rider a newish ridder is very possible to beat with an IS38 GTI

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
If it was an R3 they top out around 100mph. I'm guessing it was an r3 or a very new rider on an R6. An R1 for example could crush a supercar. An R6 is damn quick but the R3 with a rider a newish ridder is very possible to beat with an IS38 GTI

For certain it was a 4 cylinder bike, so I'm guessing it was a new rider on an R6.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI