GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 GTI vs 400whp Subaru STI

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
IS38 MK7.5 GTI goes against a FP Turbo STI. STI was dyno-tuned and made 400WHP on a LOW reading dyno with a setup that usually maxes out at 450whp (according to owner). Also want to note GTI did not brake boost during any of the runs. STI did. Very close runs, subscribe to follow up with future vids of the Setup and updates!

GTI mods:
JDE IS38+
HPFP/LPFP (running E85)
Downpipe
FMIC
6-Speed

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
If he could shift like you do, I think he would've been further ahead

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
If it makes you feel better he probably spent 4x the amount of money and is on his 3rd ej25trash engine

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
Nice runs.

Im surprised the STI race was a close as it was with those number honestly. I really figured you would of edged them out.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
4th - 5th is a bitch on those cars for sure. Still makes the best noises IMO. Miss the can o rocks EBC sounds lol

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Nice runs.

Im surprised the STI race was a close as it was with those number honestly. I really figured you would of edged them out.
STI made 400whp on a low reading dyno. So its actually pushing a bit more to the wheels. He told me this before running to see if I was still down to try it out

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
STI made 400whp on a low reading dyno. So its actually pushing a bit more to the wheels. He told me this before running to see if I was still down to try it out
Fair enough, I had boosted FR-S that made 398/300 to the wheels, weighed ~2980 with me in it. I pulled on a few STI's that claimed 400+

Realize there is a bit of a weight difference all around, but I can tell you that with E30 my GTI definitely feels faster than my FR-S to me. Wish I had track numbers to compare.. the FR-S was a drift car.

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Fair enough, I had boosted FR-S that made 398/300 to the wheels, weighed ~2980 with me in it. I pulled on a few STI's that claimed 400+

Realize there is a bit of a weight difference all around, but I can tell you that with E30 my GTI definitely feels faster than my FR-S to me. Wish I had track numbers to compare.. the FR-S was a drift car.
GTI probably feels quicker bc of the higher tq but Id put my bets on your boosted FR-S if it was making near 400whp