GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS20 issue.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Okay you fine people on golfmk7.com I need a little help with my wife's TSI.
We put an IS20 on it along with the following bolt ons:
CTS Turbo catted downpipe
CTS Turbo intercooler
CTS turbo intake
CTS turbo BOV
CTS turbo turbo muffler delete
CTS turbo inlet elbow
APR IS20 91 octane tune
And some other small bits and pieces.
The problem is when at wide open throttle or close to it and you let off the gas it continues to surge forward for another second or two. There aren't any codes coming up but there is an issue. Any thoughts? CTS BOV? It's really loud and my wife loves it so taking it away wouldn't be good. Possible waste gate adaption? It is an IS20 waste gate on the IS20, should it have been set differently from the factory GTI settings?
Thanks for any help.
PFA

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I have the same tune. My car did that with the stock diverter valve and the GFB I currently have. May be tune related.

Fowvaydriver

Ready to race!
Don't say that. It just got flashed.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Did you get this resolved? I have apr87 stock turbo and if I romp it in 3rd then let off gas ⛽️ t keeps going for a second or two. Did not do this with jb4. Only after tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Did you get this resolved? I have apr87 stock turbo and if I romp it in 3rd then let off gas [emoji618]️ t keeps going for a second or two. Did not do this with jb4. Only after tune.

Do you have sport mode and normal mode on your car? Maybe try sport mode? That my change the throttle mapping so it snaps closed?

I don't like driving in Sport mode throttle mapping on my car because it just feels way too on edge.

Fowvaydriver

Ready to race!
Do you have sport mode and normal mode on your car? Maybe try sport mode? That my change the throttle mapping so it snaps closed?

I don't like driving in Sport mode throttle mapping on my car because it just feels way too on edge.

Agree... not using sport mode. Wonder if dsg tune fixes it?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I'm an is20 on tiptronic with jb4. Even at 25psi on e30 I don't have this issue. Stock DV if that matters

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
How much boost are you pushing at say 6k?

22ish with 12-13 degrees advance. In colder air, the timing advance will be a couple of more degrees. I've seen 18+ degrees advance at 6,500. I need to get my water/meth injection hooked up so I can see that all the time with even more boost