GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering (IE) Stage 2 Issues

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
The problem is when you take your car in for warranty work and they connect the ECU it tells VW how many times it has been flashed. The dealership doesn't notify VW. It sends the information to VW automatically.

The whole arguing about weather the tune is detectable and if it is sent by default has been beat to death and has nothing to do with the problem posted. Pleas stick to the discussion at hand.

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
finally got a hold of IE. tough to correspond with support at IE because they don't use the phone...its all done over email :rolleyes:. I've been told to send them my ECM.....thank god that thing was easy to remove. I'll check back in to update.

TheeBran

Passed Driver's Ed
eh, i don't know about that. I haven't been notified that my warranty has been cancelled.
That's not how that works. Flashing an ECM does not magically make your warranty disappear. Now if you bricked the ECM because of the flash, you can bet your sweet ass they aint gonna cover that under warranty.

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
you can bet your monkey ass that you can send it to your flash company and they will reset it, such as mine.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Demand a refund after they send back the ecu then find a new tuning company. I'd be pissed if my car was a giant expensive paperweight for a week+

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
negative. My GTI is 2019...its like brand new
2019?

when did you take it in for service? if it was within the last month the dealer probably updated your factory ecm program and when you went back to try and flash the IE tune its not compatible... its good they have the ECM now as they will be able to code the tune for the program.

if this is the case...its not a buyers beware situation at all.

EDIT: just saw this was from a month ago, so maybe it wasn't the updated factory flash. im guessing you got the ecm back from IE, did they determine what the issue was?

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
Demand a refund after they send back the ecu then find a new tuning company. I'd be pissed if my car was a giant expensive paperweight for a week+
I agree with you, I was pretty pissed off. Turned out the the issue was with my Viper autostart....something about changing the CAN channel. Anybody else had this issue? I also feel bad because Damon (IE) was doing everything he could to help me out.

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think you can blame IE about not knowing a remote start would impact an ECU flash. AND they are helping you sort it out. Kudos to them.
I agree

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I agree with you, I was pretty pissed off. Turned out the the issue was with my Viper autostart....something about changing the CAN channel. Anybody else had this issue? I also feel bad because Damon (IE) was doing everything he could to help me out.
Ah, well that's all quite a bit different than what I read on the first page lol

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
Ah, well that's all quite a bit different than what I read on the first page lol
yeah, well you would be too if your ride was sitting idle in the driveway for 3.5 weeks. lol

positivevwtech

If you flashed back to stock for warranty purposes it was a waste of time. VW knows how many times the ECU has been flashed.
this is false information. first off the dealer has to run a specific test plan that only works on MQB platforms. yes if they want to be assholes they can. but its usually because someone is trying to lie. the dealers, for the most part, don't care if your tuned, however, there are some ahole techs out there that just want to get theirs and dont want to do the job for warranty pay. let it be known just scanning your car will not red flag. the dealer has to run a specific program that is rarely asked to be done by VW. only in extreme cases. and as of late they only care if it is currently tunned. especially if you bought a used one. they can't tell when it was flashed just that it was. and if current software is original then they cannot decline the warranty because they do not know who flashed it and when.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
this is false information. first off the dealer has to run a specific test plan that only works on MQB platforms. yes if they want to be assholes they can. but its usually because someone is trying to lie. the dealers, for the most part, don't care if your tuned, however, there are some ahole techs out there that just want to get theirs and dont want to do the job for warranty pay. let it be known just scanning your car will not red flag. the dealer has to run a specific program that is rarely asked to be done by VW. only in extreme cases. and as of late they only care if it is currently tunned. especially if you bought a used one. they can't tell when it was flashed just that it was. and if current software is original then they cannot decline the warranty because they do not know who flashed it and when.

Never heard of this "specific program". One simple fact remains. The ECU flash counter cannot be erased by flashing back to stock. Let's you you only flashed a tune 1 time. Then you flash back to stock. The ECU flash counter will show that you have flashed your car twice. It doesn't matter if it's tuned at the time.